Matchday 10: Sevilla vs Getafe [2019-20]

START TIME
Sunday, October 27th, 2019
1330 EST / 1830 CET / 0430 AEST

With some crucial matches coming up, it would seem necessary for the team to increase the level of performance. We face off against 3 of last year’s top 5 teams in the space of a week.

Getafe were one of the surprises from the last campaign. But after playing well under Bordalás in the first season following promotion, it probably should have been seen as natural progression. What was certainly shocking is how they managed to do the double on us, with an aggregate score of 5-0.

It seems the manager doesn’t want to mess around too much with the starting XI, as Dabbur & Rony Lopes have been left out the list of 19. We will again go into a match without Carriço, although Kounde is getting some much needed playing time. Sergi Gómez also misses out after injuring his shoulder vs Dudelange. Meanwhile, Munir looks to have returned in Lope’s good graces.

OJITO
Despite the challenges the players will face against the Madrid-based side, the real duel will be between the managers. Lopetegui has looked susceptible against other competent coaches, and has yet to set himself apart. Bordalás has more or less created a culture at Getafe, and has made his team difficult to beat. With Julen not making it an easy task to convince the doubters, we could probably guess what the energy will be like around Nervión if he fails to get 3 points today. Will the RSP uplift us to another victory?

¡Vamos muchachos!
#MeLateTuEscudo

3 Likes

Tactics. Getafe are dirty.
172 fouls (19 per game) so far,
32 cards (3.6 per game),
clearly we need to fall over a lot and hope the referee buys it. And if he doesn’t we need to protest and get the RSP to boiling point.

But I don’t see Sevilla capable of completely breaking Getafe with a 4-0, maybe 1-0 if lucky, with a dirty goal deflected off the backside of DeJong or a penalty by Banega. Winning like Atletico Madrid as someone observed.

As for the lineup, I haven’t the faintest idea, DeJong and 10 others I suppose.

Anyone of a nervous disposition should take their Diazepam now!

3 Likes

Tough game for us! Of late, we have found Getafe tough opponents in past couple of years! We need to start well and put them under pressure early.

It would cap off a great week if we can get another victory here. It’s very important with very tough games coming next week against Valencia and atletico Madrid!

This block of games will decide how good we really are and if we have what it takes to last the season in our fight for top 4! Vamos!

1 Like

Wow… De Jong on the bench? Lope is reading the forums…

3 Likes

Mark, they are indeed 3 important games, but I think we will beat Valencia. The trouble is that few teams are capable of breaking Getafe into little pieces and I think that Sevilla need that ability if we’re going to achieve anything, judging by the way Real Sociedad and Villarreal are picking up 3 points after 3. So even if we beat Getafe, it’s the way we win that will be more revealing of our future.

2 Likes

This being the most physical game was the game for DeJong … I despair

Vaclik; Navas, Koundé, Diego Carlos, Reguilón; Fernando, Banega, Jordán; Ocampos, Nolito y Chicharito

Please can we stick about 5 past this lot today. David Soria was one of the most painful goalkeepers to watch for SFC.

1 Like

I blame the attitude around the club at the time. Why’s he been decent for Geta ever since?

1 Like

I don’t know but he used to be so rash for us, and all arms and legs like an octopus, only never actually stopping the ball with them. :joy:

Yep, looks like Geta will look to stop the game at every opportunity.

Éver with the yellow in minute 14.

I like the look of our team though. Pretty close to the strongest we can out out I would say.

1 Like

Something off with Banega today. 2 passes to nobody in 2 minutes.

1 Like

Our attacks are starting to get deeper. But the ball isn’t staying in their end for long.

1 Like

2-2 on yellows. Sevilla 3 fouls, Getafe 11

1 Like

Our attack looks hella average. Not decisive enough in dangerous positions.

1 Like

Yep, it’s a tough match. Getafe always make it tough to break them down. We have to be patient but I think lope needs to change it similar to last week. I’d bring Torres and de Jong on again at about 60 mins. Also Munir is another option too. We need to give them more to worry about.

We doing ok but just need more in attacking final third! A tough battle!

2 Likes

yes, lacking decision and precision. But why not play Ocampos as centre forward, Navas can do the wing stuff.

We’ll have to sort the ref out though, he’s costing us the game already.

2 Likes

It’s clear that Jordan has been relegated from free-kicks and corners in favour of Banega, bad move.

1 Like

Bad miss from Chicharito. Got to do better there!

1 Like