Matchday 10: Sevilla vs Getafe [2019-20]

I liked Soria a lot and was disappointed that we got rid of him. He’s kept Getafe in this one.

58’ - Nolito OFF. Óliver ON.

1 Like

A good 10 minutes from Sevilla but the changes might change everything. Reguilon, Ocampos and Banega below normal level of performance despite Banega hitting the post. Mudo coming on for (don’t know, has to be Banega)

1 Like

Prolly the first time i’m glad to see Vázquez come on.

1 Like

GOOOL CHICHARITO!! 1-0 Sevilla.

Lovely outside foot pass from Óliver!

2 Likes

Vamos!! Chicharito!!

1 Like

And Ocampos makes it 2-0! VAMOS!!!

2 Likes

Well I did say put Ocampos in the centre forward position, and they did. 2-0

1 Like

81’ - Chicharito OFF. De Jong ON.

Brilliant from ocampos! Vamos! 2-0, brilliant performance from us!

2 Likes

Strong finish to the game. It was tough, but we came out with the right attitude in the 2nd half. Bring on the Mestalla!

3 Likes

Nice result against a tough opponent. Hopefully we can kick start our season from now. Despite a few crap results we are only 1-3 points (depending on the cancelled Classico result) off of top spot.

1 Like

It was a strong finish and Sevilla are one of four teams in joint second place with 19 points.
I’m left with the impression that despite all the joy, Sevilla do not know how to control a game and that the referee was not only garbage, but anti Sevilla. That Banega cannot play 93 minutes. That Lope has something against Jordan.

But Getafe are one of the most difficult teams to beat, I think they’ve lost only 5 of their last 29 away games, So well done Sevilla.

3 Likes

Great win… 3 important points received tonight.

If we beat Valencia and Atleti in the next 2 matches, we might be in for the title… again :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:joy: Don’t ever change @ShendM!

3 Likes

Fantastic performance by the team! The intensity was great from start to finish! Both goals were calmly taken by Chicharito and ocampos.

Well worked goals and we controlled the tempo of the match well. Getafe are always a tricky side and we struggled in past seasons against them. It’s an important 3 points and 19 points out of 30 is a good return! It’s a shame we never won at Eibar as with them points would have been an amazing start. However, overall we on right track for top 4 with this points ratio and I believe in this squad.

The fact Lopetegui can put out 2 different sides for Europe and la Liga and still win in both is great news. That was the difference today, our squad depth was way stronger and we were fresher and more lively as a result! Important set of wins for Lopetegui, it’s taken the pressure off him and he’s secured his position more for now.

Valencia up next! It’s never easy going there but if we keep playing as we have been except 2nd half at Eibar I’m confident we can at least get a point and maybe more from that match. Vamos!

2 Likes

We looked far better when Ocampos moved into a more central role. In the first half he and Navas were almost playing the same position and ended up just getting in each others way.
Not a great match to watch as there were far too many stops and starts due to Getafe fouling at every opportunity.
I’m liking Kounde more every game, he’s getting better at defending as his confidence grows and is also creating some threats when he gets forward.
Diego Carlos and Vaclik need to sort out some better methods of communication as yet again there was a bit of confusion between them a couple of times.
Their number 15 Cucurella who is on loan from Barca caused us problems with his pace and looks a great prospect for the future, he’s the sort of player I’d love us to sign.

On a final point I must mention is the new winter ball that has turned up in la liga. Whoever is responsible for that needs psychiatric help. I thought it looked bad on tv but up close it looks like something you would buy your kids to kick about on the beach.

3 Likes

I thought the winter ball was meant to be more visible hence why most leagues use bright yellow. This weird pink and navy thing if anything is even harder to see than the normal white ball.

2 Likes

Wow i thought i was the only one having trouble seeing the ball! :smile: Whenever it’d go in the air i’d be like “where is it?!” :joy:

And you right Jim, why not just go with yellow?? You know why? “No es fútbol. Es La Liga.” :unamused:

2 Likes

When I watched the Cadiz highlights from Friday I actually thought someone had brought along their £5 Sondico ball from Sports Direct. :joy:

https://sg.carousell.com/p/sondico-size-5-football-142489236/photos

2 Likes