M9: Celta Vigo vs Sevilla [21/22]

So Acuna made it to the list? Seems like we won’t see Augustinsson playing soon…

3 Likes

Actually crazy right? If even after all this, he will rather let Acuna do overwork, instead of giving the player you bought to back him up, the chance to show actually anything. They make it seem like Augustinsson is some B-Junior player who can’t play against men. Like wtf, Augustinsson is the left back of Sweden, he can fill his role just fine. Lope, you won’t lose the game based solely on the leftback.

4 Likes

Unless they don’t get on in training or something. It seems strange he hasn’t played him yet that it makes me think have they had a fall out or disagreement on methods or tactics?

1 Like

Lope relies heavily on the buildup from the back. With Ludwig being new, he might not be up to speed on all the schemes. Hence why even Rekik is being preferred.

I don’t like it either. Just play the man, and stop depending on the same old trick.

3 Likes

Who? :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Also the language thing is bullshit. Football is a language all of its own, I’m sure he must know Ludwig pass, Ludwig backdoor, Ludwig put in a cross by now after about 4 months in Spain.

5 Likes

I really hope we can win this one today. I feel the pressure is off a bit though as I’m not expecting a win. I hope the team and manager can surprise us. Vamos!

2 Likes

I think @Edinho was referring to the automatisms of positional play. You can teach a dog a trick with 7 to 15 repetitions and it will remember for life, a human needs at least 100 repetitions to remember a Kata for life.

But I don’t think the problem is the language or the training reps, it’s starting to look personal, he should have been given a few minutes by now if only to keep his head, heart and soul at the club.

4 Likes

Welcome back Óliver, but this is no surprise. As if we had no wingers on the bench to play there. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Oh wow! What an underwhelming team :roll_eyes:

Is it sad that I’m actually happy with a point right now?

It will be a miracle if we win today. We playing a completely new defence who’s never played together before. Gudelj at centre back is giving me nightmares.

A slow as ass midfield that came unstuck easily against Granada 2 weeks ago. No Lamela, papu or YEN.

I hate to be negative but I just dunno how we win this unless Celta play awful. Let’s hope for that or this team to somehow surprise us!

1 Like

At least we get to see Augustinsson

3 Likes

At least, but there’s always some sort of caveat with Lope. Unless he’s playing the diamond here, this is very likely to suck.

2 Likes

Celta’s starting XI:

Renato Tapia is missing and Lope is still big scared putting out a midfield like that. :unamused:

1 Like

I thought Augustinsson would play today, it would have been unthinkable, a real head in hands moment if he didn’t.

I think Celta are a very poor team right now, they have some decent players but they’re just not looking good. It’s Sevilla that worry me, they really need to squish the poor teams and bin the negative tactics.

3 Likes

They might be poor and not in great form but this sevilla starting team and lope tactics worry me. It’s even weaker than the lineup against Granada and we know how that match went.

Granada were in even worse form than Celta and yet it was still enough for them to beat us. We seriously need to play better away from home because we have not been good in any away games this season so far. I hope that changes soon.

Okey, well looks like Brais Mendez made it as well. Let’s pray for the best guys. They are really not
that poor… They have good quality, but they are just reckless, both in offense and defense and with space. They can score against anybody, and if we don’t show up. We can get our butts kicked here.

1 Like

Yeah I agree they have talent and especially going forward. They are capable of more goals for sure just hope they don’t come for them today.

1 Like

We can get our butts kicked anywhere if we don’t show up, but Celta have 2 wins 2 draws and 4 defeats so far, that’s not great. Let’s make it 5 defeats.

2 Likes

And how they got those results, is on the unlucky spectrum. Where ours are on opposite. Doesn’t make us good at all. So neither can you call them bad for that. I mean you can, if you base it pure on the table. But as Mark said, Granada proofed us otherwise as well. But we’ll see indeed.

2 Likes