M8: Granada V Sevilla [21/22]

Not surprising we can’t create anything when we have Papu & Oscar on the bench.

We see this almost every game. Lope take the hint!

5 Likes

It’s unfortunate that we’re down at halftime, but I feel like we’ve still got a great chance to pick up 3 points in this match. It’ll come down to how Lopetegui approaches his substitutions. We need to get Papu on the pitch ASAP.

3 Likes

Well… not enough it seems. Quite pathetic to say the least… thanks Lope!

Diego Carlos is having a terrible night, that clearance leading to their lucky goal was amateur level. Montiel the best player for us in the first half.

Granada is pressuring high and running a lot, this isn’t helping when you have a trio of Fernando, Rakitic and Jordan. This is hands down the slowest and most unimaginative midfield of a top flight team that I have ever seen in my life… and I’ve watched a shit ton of football.

We need some changes right from the beginning of the second half. Granada have shown vulnerabilities at the back and are there for the taking, but you can’t expect anything with these kind of tactics and approach by our tactical genius. He’s being tactically outplayed by Robert Moreno.

2 Likes

Yeah his positioning was a little off but tbf it was a decent shot

1 Like

Banega and Nasri weren’t fast midfielders either, but they had huge cojones so created loads of chances every game

3 Likes

I think Bono had a hard time seeing the ball from Kounde there or who was it blocking his view. It was a quick lucky shot that caught him by surprise, but yeah, he could’ve done much better any other day.

4 Likes

I think you mean: Take the hit, of that spliff. What does it take to become more creative Julen?

1 Like

Defence looking shaky tonight. Attacking play same as always cross after cross getting headed clear.

1 Like

They were creative, especially Banega. You don’t need to be fast to be creative and vice versa. However, if you’re both slow and not creative, then that’s awful. It’s a tragic trio, nothing good comes out of it, especially in such serious games where you HAVE to win at all costs.

1 Like

Exactly Banega at least had the cojones to take on a player and had the ability to play a killer pass

1 Like

Montiel, Jordan and Suso off at HT
Navas, Papu and Munir on

1 Like

Montiel was our best player first half, and what does Lope do other than take him off at the half

2 Likes

Triple change from lope. Least he’s changing it early. Let’s see if we can rescue things.

1 Like

Yeah don’t understand that to be honest. Might as well left him on and put Navas further forward.

2 Likes

Im anxious to see Munir play, hopefully he can add something dynamic to the Sevilla attack

2 Likes

I think one of the things I loved most about Ever besides his creativety. Doesn’t matter In what situation the most dangerous or pressured situation, he’ll control it. Always a safe heaven to play from and help out others when they can’t. None of our players can do this right now.

4 Likes

Improvement, but still reacting too slowly, Granada still look the hungrier of the two teams

2 Likes

When the rest of the field is sub par, the defence always shutters more. It really is a cascade, if the midfield was better they wouldnt be pressured as much.

3 Likes

Acuna showing low mental stability again, for the ballboy, really stupid.

So are we playing rubbish?

1 Like