M8: Granada V Sevilla [21/22]

Acuna plays and Lamela starts,. Ocampos benched.

8 Likes

Let’s go boys! Hopefully we get the win! Vamos!

4 Likes

Happy to see Montiel getting the start. Also happy to see Acuña, guess his injury wasn’t bad?

6 Likes

Didn’t even realize Lamela was starting either, that’s also a plus

2 Likes

Our form in the CL leaves a lot to be desired, but we’ve slowly been improving in league play. Lope has yet to drop points to Granada during his tenure, but nothing is a given in a derby. It’s our last match before another international break, so i hope we finish strong to finally cement our place in the title race.

5 Likes

We actually lost to Granada away 1-0 last season. We owe them for that! Haha

5 Likes

Sorry lads. I’ll be watching the baseball tonight. :grin:

3 Likes

You’re right Mark. I’ve tried to forget how horrible that October month went. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s going to be one of those tough grinds because neither side is exactly adventurous. I just hope we don’t get punished by a stupid VAR or lack of discipline.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it will be very cagey and pretty physical game too. I just hope for one of lopetegui’s 1-0 masteclass wins haha.

2 Likes

I’m going to try and cover up that I expect something tonight, and just want to be surprised :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Soceidad slip up with 1-1. We had a great set of results for us this weekend. It’s up to us to make it all count now.

Me and Blondie in Granada for the game. I’ll post a pic or two if it’s not too wet to get my phone out:-)

6 Likes

I do like seeing Montiel from the start tho, and I have a feeling Rakitic is gonna make Rafa Mir pop off with a brace

Can’t help it :grin:

2 Likes

Is it too rainy there now?

1 Like

I hope it’s not the Navas case all over again with Acuna. He’s called up for the Argentina NT too and if he keeps playing like this (not 100%) then I don’t know… why not try Augustinsson for a change?

Otherwise, it’s the usual Lope formation and most likely same tactics and approach as well. Nice to see Lamela and Montiel there definitely - but if Rakitic and Jordan are not at their best tonight it’s going to be a heck of slow midfield… or better yet, a SNAIL midfield.

1 Like

Exactly. Why. Lope. Please, just play him once. You won’t get fired.

1 Like

Let’s hope this will be good enough to beat Granada away.

At this rate it seems that we’ll be forever missing the approach and lineup as it was vs. Valencia. Good ol’ days!

1 Like

Pretty nervous for this one. As it’s a huge opportunity for us. Let’s hope for the best.

2 Likes

6 Likes