M36: Sevilla vs. Mallorca [2019-20]

Banega is saying goodbye, pulled out all the class, tremendous game.
12 from 12 points and still not totally guaranteed Champions (How???)

The challenge is 1 point from 2 difficult games, all that will change if Villarreal don’t win against Real Sociedad tomorrow.

4 Likes

Yep I’m not worried now. We all but secured top 4. I can see us getting points in our last 2. I can’t see Villarreal getting anything at Real Madrid especially with the title on the line for them and the biased refs. Happy days!

3 Likes

Called that right Jim

1 Like

Really?

Sooo close to the sweet glory of champs league. Vamos!!!

3 Likes

That second goal. Yes please we will have more of that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

To be honest I didn’t see much from Munir at all last night, not up to his usual standard, rightly subbed in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think his inclusion helped us dominate Mallorca. Lots of movement between him & Ocampos made the attacks a bit more fluid, especially with Óliver popping up in different spots to offer himself.

Wasn’t his greatest game. But simply being there helped us play well. I doubt we’d have played that way had LdJ or YEN started.

3 Likes

And what’s up with these counters man? Busting a lung to get forward only to squander the chance? En-Nesyri really struggles in this department and does not yet know when to either play the ball or shoot. I hope to see some improvement here next season.

3 Likes

I think we had a few things confirmed last night, firstly Oliver has good and bad games, why? I don’t know. Jordan has climbed the ladder, he was great pre-season and then got inconsistent because of his tantrums with being subbed. He’s now more established and playing some real good football.

To paraphrase Douglas Adams, ‘Almost, but not entirely, quite unlike a footballer’ is one phrase for Nesyri. The Yorkshire phrase would be ‘next to useless’. But the goal he scored was similar to another in RSP and shows there’s a niche for him and that is ‘him versus the last defender and goalkeeper’, unfortunately, we don’t play a style that produces much of that.

So Nesyri will have to adapt and work on his all-round play, he’s young enough to continue improving for the next five years.

Banega is showboating, trying to leave the best impression. I don’t think he wants to leave now, whatever was he thinking going to Saudi???

Koundé wins every aerial ball he goes for, and he knows he’s the best in la liga but I think he’s obsessed with that now and it might not be best for him or the team.

4 Likes

Can’t even appreciate YEN for the second goal coz our lad Pozo slept a little there. He keeps wasting chances like no other. We need a finisher who eyes for the goal without too much hustle. Timo Werner like…

3 Likes

I said that during the game. He wins every header. Has a great knack for timing his jump to meet the ball at the full vertical. Impressive for someone that isn’t super tall for a CB.

4 Likes

I miss the counters from the Emery-era!

4 Likes

Quite correct but Nesyri still had work to do. I guess what I’m trying to say is that he might not have many strings on his guitar, but he makes a good tune now and again :grin:

3 Likes

26 minutes and it’s 0-0 if you can guess what game I’m watching. They’re saying that Santi Cazorla is injured and asking for a change. Real Sociedad look OK for now. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

0-0 half-time. Asenjo makes an incredible save to keep it 0-0. Villarreal take a little more control in closing minutes, Ontiveros takes a mean, toe-ender free kick that Sociedad deal with, Cazorla now moving around OK. Bummer.

1 Like

0-1 to Real Sociedad. 61 minutes.

1 Like

0-2 to Real Sociedad. 74 minutes, both from corners.

(Edit)

1-2 to Real Sociedad. 84 minutes.

(Edit)

Game over 1-2 … Sevilla in Champions :crazy_face:

4 Likes