M36: Sevilla vs. Mallorca [2019-20]

SEVILLA FC (4th) vs. RCD MALLORCA (18th)

The penultimate match at the RSP this season puts Sevilla up against a Mallorca side that is 3 points from safety, with only 3 games remaining. Will Sevilla be in a charitable mood, or simply look to cement their place in the CL for next season?

The previous outing saw Sevilla battle back from 1-0 down at San Mamés, with 2 goals in the space of 5 minutes. Munir was a great catalyst in that result, and arguably one of our best players post-lockdown. It wouldn’t be right not to mention Banega as well, scorer of the free kick, and providing the cross for Munir’s goal. He is at risk of suspension tonight after accumulating his 9th yellow card against Athletic.

Although in a relegation spot, Mallorca have been one of the better teams from the bottom-half since La Liga restarted. They possess a sprightly young player in Kubo, as well our loaned-out, relentless flanker in Pozo. Starting centre-forward Budimir has been their main goal threat, netting 12 times this season.

Lopetegui’s men are on a 3-match winning run, and perhaps hitting a good run of form to end the season. This will also help to prepare for the upcoming resumption of the Europa League in early August. Will they consolidate Thursday’s victory with another decent display?

#VamosMiSevilla
#BackToWin

4 Likes

You would expect us to win and we have every incentive with the CL spot to secure and the race for 3rd still on. Mallorca aren’t to be taken lightly though as they’re desperate for points to stay up and we’ve struggled at home a bit recently.

3 Likes

Hopefully we will seal the deal tonight. It’s big incentive for the players and lopetegui to try and wrap our place in champions league and keep the pressure on Atletico for 3rd. It’s a potential banana skin though if we not careful as Mallorca have some decent attacking players and are fighting for their lives.

I’m confident though if we turn up and play similar to how we have been we will win. Vamos Sevilla!

3 Likes

I’ve written an in depth preview analysis of the game and here it is …

This is going to be tough !

3 Likes

Óliver returning as false winger should help with possession. At least Munir won’t be as wasteful as our other striking options.

4 Likes

Watch him have a mare now he is starting. :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Well Eibar won earlier and somehow, Leganes have beaten Valencia which puts a lot more pressure on Mallorca because they haven’t had time to digest or prepare psychologically. Now they have only Celta they can chase and Leganes are on equal points. Lets hope they throw in the towel.

3 Likes

They could still catch Alavés.

1 Like

I like the line up, basically no real centre striker should give a lot of freedom.

1 Like

Good move that. We were close there!

Yeah I agree. I like the lineup too. A lot of creativity and pace!

I like the lineup but seeing too much space in midfield, Banega more forward than usual.

Own up if you think that Sevilla will make us suffer, it’s always a drama with our guys.

2 Likes

I agree. We never known for doing things the easy way! Normally a drama somewhere.

Oliver is playing around like a show Player, but so far good stuff

2 Likes

Navas can’t be offside there, ball rebounded from goalkeeper.

2 Likes

But he was offside at the time of the shot already.

Penalty! Vamos!!

Unlucky for Pozo, but they have been given like that

2 Likes

Ocampos!!! That man again!

I will take the goal. Now let’s string some better play together and score some more

2 Likes