M33: Leganés vs Sevilla [2019-20]

Man inform, his movement lately has been superb. So impressive. Great finish! Munir with the 3-0

2 Likes

solomente 1 mil euros por Munir!

2 Likes

Munir is all about spectacular goals. I remember he has scored a couple of volleys too…

2 Likes

Just what the doctor ordered that. What a result for us. I look forward to watching the highlights later. Nice to see us win big and score a few goals. Another clean sheet too. One thing I will say is our away form under Lopetegui has been exceptional.

That’s why I think he deserves another season at least. I know he can be frustrating at times but this season has been one of Sevilla’s best away seasons. It’s the home form that’s dropped off a bit this season with the new team and Lopetegui. Had we had that right we could have been closer to Real and Barça.

It proves we aren’t far away from next level but the remaining games are crucial as is the offseason. If we get champions league and we recruit well in the offseason we could really do well next season. Vamos Sevilla!

3 Likes

Who else did we wear the Black kit against?

1 Like

Vaclic saved a couple of goals, although one was late in the game it would have been a different game if those had gone in. El Syri is a sad case, almost useless but we don’t play a system that suits his better qualities. But even if we did, he would still be lacking something, not a complete player.

I don’t like our style at all, at all, it doesn’t have any definition or brand. It’s up to individual actions like that of Munir to make us function.

We’re still searching for our identity.

3 Likes

I’m a little surprised how much En-Nesyri has struggled to be honest as I always thought he was quite decent at Leganés.

2 Likes

Quite decent / usefull for Leganes, yeah, his goals weren’t spectacular. He has good pace, decent physical, with him it will be all about how much can he develop from being Leganes material. Might have misjudged but that happens. On to a new striker at least for the starting position next year.

2 Likes

He caught a good header and his foot was in the way. He did some things well. Not like every enemy shot on goal is meant to go in tho. I don’t want to be surprised if a goalkeeper catches a ball. As a goalkeeper should do his job, as part of the team. Today he performed good, all I can ask for tonight. Good game Vaclik.

2 Likes

The team did OK today, but let’s not forget that the Levante’s side was quite weak. One positive is that we didn’t let in some stupid shots as happens always.

Goals missed by Nesy can be tolerated for today’s match but for a serious opponent we can’t afford to miss them. He has given chances and he coud not use them properly. He needs to step up his game or else a loan move would be best for him.

2 Likes

Couldn’t watch this due to the time but glad to see the team getting a comfortable win. Was slightly concerned with the starting lineup as they had a bunch of backups but Leganes is so depleted they had to start 4 of Sevilla’s loan players, really sad state they’re in and will probably go down, undeserved imo given they were take apart piece by piece.

Reading your thoughts En-Nesyri had a bad game, guy’s probably best for counters before his control and technique get up to par. I’m just glad that Oliver can perform, he is Banega’s heir in the midfield.

As for Lope I’m still not convinced, he always manages to luck out when things are heating up, it’s just 2 wins out of 6 so it’s best he pisses off, still barring a meltdown he will probably be at the helm next season with his permafrown and non-tactics until his luck gives out

2 Likes

A win is a win and it’s three much-needed points against a depleted Leganes side. Wasn’t thoroughly convincing but it was needed after a run of 4 draws. Still unbeaten since resuming and wins against Eibar and Mallorca should put us in a good position to get top 4 which sadly will be enough for Lope to keep his job and boring tactics. I miss Sampaoli :grin:!

2 Likes

I’ve only watched the 1st half of this game, and i’m convinced the only reason we won was cause Leganés are that terrible.

Could not believe the chances En-Nesyri missed. Shades of Muriel. Confidence completely shot.

Óliver really didn’t do much in that half but score 2 goals. :joy: He also had a nice outside-the-foot pass to Suso on the edge of the 18, but the shot was tame and straight to the GK. I don’t see Torres as Banega’s replacement as he’s a different kind of playmaker. More for the final 3rd.

1st time in a while i haven’t seen Jordán too bothered in midfield. Once again, Leganés is a Segunda level team.

3 Likes

I stand corrected, he did start life as an attacking midfielder. Sevilla need someone to pull the strings from deep which is why Campana is very much requested here.

2 Likes