M30: Celta Vigo vs Sevilla FC [20/21]

Woot Woot Fernando!

1 Like

Our man Fernando, doing big things! 2-2.

1 Like

Smoke that pipe brother

1 Like

Amazing cross from Acuña but not exactly the best finish from Navas from close range

2 Likes

3-2 Celta. :thinking:

1 Like

For fucks sake, we’re playing like total shit

2 Likes

yeah that was nice, little bit too much underneath and behind him. Anyway, Celta take the lead again.

2 Likes

Damn weak ass shit.

3 Likes

For goodness sake
just way too easy for Mendez there

2 Likes

Beautiful finish tho

1 Like

Rakitic goes down too easy. Acuna with terrible defending. Weak all around.

1 Like

Smooth Finish from Brais Mendez. Celta still well deserved ahead.

1 Like

An intriguing game, but the lack of sharpness has cost us tremendously. We can easily win this. No need to panic just yet.

1 Like

Lopetegui is pissed. Excuse my language. Hopefully he switches some things around next half

3 Likes

We look weak and ill prepared to play this game. Midfield not playing well. Three mistakes lead to three goals.

3 Likes

At 2-1 I thought we would win but now I’m not convinced. Sevilla haven’t for 1 minute looked like El Sevilla, something really wayward happending in this game.

1 Like

After that 1-0, and we survived the early pressure from Celta. I thought we would settle in, get our controlled play going and keep it boring but play it out well.

Scrap that whole part, nothing like that. It’s a mess and Celta easily punishes it. Celta won’t change tho, aggressive or naive, they will play like they’ve done. Its our time to addapt, and punish them. I don’t see it stop here.

2 Likes

[quote="TimSpence2, Sevilla don’t look like Sevilla, something wrong.[/quote]

I had a bad feeling about this game after the first 2 mins. This is not the same Sevilla who played against Atletico.

3 Likes

Also they are completely out positioned by Celta.

1 Like

Rakitic the worst player in the first half, fatal mistake from Lope to field him instead of Oscar or Oliver. Our midfield is too slow and beside Fernando who is on fire tonight, Rakitic and Jordan have both contributed to us conceding and have been pretty useless. The defense is sleeping as well, these must be the easiest 3 goals we have conceded in a long while
 shameful for a team that is ‘aspiring’ to win the league title.

The game is still open and winnable with a bit of luck, but will also depend on the subs. Lope has shown countless of times now that his line-up decision making is bad, this is only one of the reasons why I doubt him as a coach that can bring us to the next level.

If something works against a slower and physical team like Atletico, it surely won’t work against a pacier and more agile team like Celta. We’re not the Barca of 2008-09 to field the same formation every time and dominate/win all the games with the same imposed style.

I hope we at least get a draw out of this, but it can go either way.

3 Likes