M29: Sevilla FC vs Atlético Madrid [20/21]

Important win and 3 points. Next we’ll have 3 away matches in a row and it’s going to be tough, but get 2 wins out of 3 of them and we’re good to go for the 4th spot.

4 Likes

Was that our best performance of the season?
I think so, we completely dominated the game, chased every ball and never gave Atletico time to settle.
All the tv pundits saying the goal was illegal due to hand-ball by Ocampos, and I’m loving it to hear them cry :sob:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

We played really great, especially Jordan was superb. Navas also playing good with a lot of runs, let’s keep this form till the end of the season. I don’t know what to do with Ocamos, he just can’t score. He is trying and all that, but no end product. It’s time do bench him, we have other options… I hope that Papu gets more playing time to adopt and find his old form.

4 Likes

Exactly my point. I loving seeing Sevilla win against the big boys but this is basically handing the title to I think Barcelona

2 Likes

Great match. I had to watch late last night on replay and held off looking at my phone all day until the result. Lots of shots, but few on target. Jordan and Rakitic were actually working really well in the first half and dominated the midfield. I think a lot of that was because of Cholo’s formation choice at the beginning, but it was positive to see the midfield dominate a top team for once.

3 Likes

I think Barca were probably winning it irrespective of this result. Atletico have been imploding for weeks. I think whoever wins the clasico will win it. Real Madrid have a good chance now as well.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, you’re probably right. There’s still a chance Atletico can win tho

2 Likes

Anchor - The easiest way to make a podcast and we are back!

5 Likes

Can’t stand Ocampos taking the kick, he is so low on confidence. If you miss two consecutive penalties against the big boys of La Liga, I would surely bench you. We should be in the market for a player who can shoot with power. Seriously.

3 Likes

you mean like YEN?

3 Likes

Actually Ocampos missed 3 penalties already. But one he got to do again, because a player walked in. It’s all false confidence to compensate for his terrible season. Trying to stat pad his ego.

3 Likes

Poor guy. At least he’s not lazy, he’s trying really hard to improve. I think that’s why Lope hasn’t given up on him. Also, Liverpool have been in for him, and I wouldn’t mind at all if they signed him

5 Likes

I don’t care how bad of a season he’s having, but i’d rather keep Ocampos. He offers so much more than goalscoring. I doubt he’ll be this poor next season.

7 Likes

I agree with Edi.

2 Likes

Thirded

The guy draws so many fouls, works back in defense, applies pressure. Things aren’t coming as easy for him this season, but his efforts are there. If we can uncork Suso and Papu, things will open back up for Ocampos.

4 Likes

Just listened to episode 34 and want to add something about Ocampos. He’s changed his penalty style and failed 2 under the new style. His old style was to decide in the last fraction of a second and maybe send the goalkeeper the wrong way but it looks now like he’s deciding beforehand where to place the ball.

Please revert to old style Lucas.

And yes, the most impressive penalty of the season was En Nesyri’s a couple of weeks back. Not sure he can repeat that missile every time.

6 Likes

Or maybe switch to a Bruno Fernandes (or Jorginho) style of penalty? That is very trendy nowadays and working quite well for players that are getting comfortable with it.

4 Likes

Deciding before hand is fine, fact of the matter is he all shot them terribly. No way around that. And you can only do that Bruno Fernandes with confidence, how he failed the first one was kinda like that. It was just awful.

6 Likes

Resumen de Sevilla FC vs CA Osasuna (1-0) - YouTube 0:37 with a trademark dive to get it.

5 Likes

I believe the best method is a hybrid, decide beforehand but delay the final kick, try to deceive the goalkeeper and if he doesn’t dive give it a bit of lift and full power.

1 Like