M26: Elche v Sevilla FC [20/21]

3 Likes

Still no Bono. :unamused: I’d be so tempted to play Javi Diaz but we will be stuck with no saves in Goal. :weary:

Kounde, Vidal also out.

2 Likes

Is he being rotated or is he injured?

2 Likes

Koude was carrying an injury v Barca, he had his thigh strapped.

Please don’t start Yen & donkey Jong together.

5 Likes

Whom, Kounde?

1 Like

Both have injuries. Vidal out for a few weeks unless he’s on the Navas recovery plan.

2 Likes

No, Bono

2 Likes

He injured a finger the day before the Barcelona game.

2 Likes

Oh dear. I hope he will be here for the Dortmund game

3 Likes

Emotion-less match, but I hope we don’t lose considering the current disastrous form and morale.

Tuesday night will more or less mark the end of the season for us unless we perform a miracle, and then holding on to the 4th should hopefully be as less dramatic as possible.

So most likely around 2.5 boring months ahead until the end, but this is a good time for Monchi and co. to reflect and already think of the ways to rebuild for the summer and fingers crossed… try to improve!

5 Likes

Let’s just do it and get back on the right track. I don’t think our 4th place is remotely in danger and a collapse of morale is extremely unlikely with this squad. Vamos.

3 Likes

At least the wingers have pace…

1 Like

I feel this is a big game and it’s a potential banana skin if we aren’t careful. We have a few key players out which makes this more tricky. We seen many times in past how Sevilla’s season can implode at this time of year. It’s unraveling a bit with copa exit and looking like a CL last 16 exit.

A win today is vital because any slip up may give incentive to likes of so real soceidad to make a run to 4th if they see we vulnerable. I’m hoping for a response from the side and we need to get our attacking game going again. Vamos sevilla!

4 Likes

Lots of changes and it certainly isn’t the strongest lineup by any means. I just hope we still find a way to win because I feel this is a vital game to win to prevent us potentially going on a downward spiral.

Hopefully the boys step up who are playing and we get a positive reaction.

1 Like

Never say never with sevilla. 4th should be okay but with us we can never relax. I won’t feel it’s secure until it’s mathematical.

That’s why a big performance is required today. If the worst happened then we would open the door for real soceidad.

1 Like

C team… good. The “A”'s need a rest as they got tired messing things up.

2 Likes

Clearly we see Tuesday as the priority.

1 Like

4th is far from being secured. Sociedad are in a decent run of results. Plus we have RM, Atletico, Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Betis, Villarreal and Valencia still to play. Betis and Valencia can be tricky, plus the other games in between like Levante and Celta away, oh boy! Even if we win the remaining match (as we’ve played 1 less) it will be 9 points clear of Sociedad… that’s nothing really.

2 Likes

I feel today should be the priority. As 4th place is currently in our own hands and more achievable. Next Tuesday is a free hit but we big underdogs now.

2 Likes

0-2 win for Sevilla today, we need to regain as much confidence as we can for next week’s clash

1 Like