M21: SD Eibar v Sevilla FC [20/21]

Full time. We advance to third place

4 Likes

Aleix Vidal, partidazo.
Regarding the first penalty, could be said that YEN had the foot very high but it was back down on the ground by the time Dmitrovic arrived. Totally corrupt or imbecilic referee.

2 Likes

And a quarter million Sevillistas world-wide.

3 Likes

Nobody was really outstanding but job done, another 3 points and Getafe, Huesca , Elche, and Osasuna to come with Barca in between. Hoping for at least 9 points.

3 Likes

Well done to the team, totally deserved 3 points today against a tricky Eibar who was beaten us last time at home 0-1.

We looked like this today after Acuna got subbed for Rekik: airplane

Rekik was totally nonexistent on the attack, while did a bit better on the defense in the second half, but that was mainly because Eibar got tired after going all guns blazing in the first half - so they took the foot off the pedal in the second, not much threat in overall.

Vidal played extremely well after coming in and that was a nice assist for Jordan.

On to Almeria now, which should be a passable tie. However, we only have 3 days from today until the 1st of January (23:59) to save the season by signing or loaning in a full back. Chris mentioned Escudero but the guy broke his arm two times and he definitely won’t be at 100% for a long time, insecure and what not to perform at the level that is required to reach our objectives, so it’s a huge risk to count on him.

A bit sad for Dmitrovic who got injured today and hopefully it’s not something serious like a ligament or similar that could mess with him and his future with us.

Also a shame that Papu didn’t make the debut, but he will most likely feature against Almeria on Tuesday.

6 Likes

I get the same feeling when a left footer takes a penalty, even though I was comfortable with the left or right, it doesn’t look right being ‘one footed’.

1 Like

Seeing how Dmitrovic got injured and with our own injury issue with Vaclik, I’m fearing the worst for Bono - which without a proper back-up keeper could be disastrous for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we won’t be that unlucky!

2 Likes

That was extremely painful to watch and one could only think about Banega there. 99% goal (depending on Ocampos) but the killer pass from Banega (or an attacking-minded midfielder as you said) would absolutely happen.

1 Like

I believe that our President declared the transfer window closed for Sevilla on Tuesday after the incorporation of Papu, but if need be I’m sure Monchi has a list prepared and we could step in if any player has a long term injury.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Rekik is as bad as @ShendM makes him out to be? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think being injury prone and constantly battling muscular issues, not being able to play at full capacity for 2-3 games straight is quite a strong reason for us to bring a full back in.

1 Like

What does Rekik offer going forward and does he provide security in defense? Don’t forget he finished the first half with 3 fouls and 1 handball not far from the box (on one free-kick we almost conceded a goal).

1 Like
3 Likes

On the second penalty call I think the ref saw the ankle challenge and missed the kick to the knee, which I also missed until I saw from another angle.

Top quality analysis there from @Edinho, as always on the football, on the personal level, I’m not keen on the Papu dance but we need a clown in the dressing room and does the business on the field, we’re onto a winner.

I think the long balls were a bit wasted for lack of support to YEN, if O’Campos tucks in a bit closer might work better. As I said before I think Vidal was great today and if he continues the same … no problem.

6 Likes