M21: SD Eibar v Sevilla FC [20/21]

How is that a FK to Eibar though?

1 Like

He gave a drop instead. So explain this a bit. If that same play happened to a defender, he got the ball but wiped out the player, it probably still is a penalty. Keepers get away with all kinds of shit.

2 Likes

Penalty now though.

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

Nice Penalty from Luke O’Campos. 0-1 Sevilla.

1 Like

This time the ref can’t see a kick to the knee and needs VAR
Shit happens, especially with this ref.
But Ocampos tucks the penalty away.

1 Like

The ref saw it, but refuses to give it then VAR gives it. A bit of a mess from the ref so far. Two VAR overturns, 3 cards.

2 Likes

The ref was literally about a yard away too, looked like he was going to give it then waved play on.

1 Like

Noticed this ref who looks like he is about 13 years old is shit before though so no surprise.

1 Like

This ref always sucks.

3 Likes

Half time. Bryan probably best player on the field.
Sevilla unable to play out of defense, this needs attention now but I really want to see Papu too.

1 Like

0-1 up at Half time, but lucky to be so. I’d give our performance about a 2/10.

Bryan Gil the best player on the pitch.

1 Like

Gil cause a ton of trouble to Navas, kinda prove himself to Lope and Monchi.
Eibar play high pressing games pretty well but they lack some individual quality in front,
With the quickness of YEN we luckily lead by 1.
Maybe we can see papu in the second half.

2 Likes

First off, Gil is playing incredibly well today and it seems this is his ‘average’ performance with Eibar, which is awesome. We definitely need to keep the guy in the first team next season, at least as a sub. I can’t say the same for Pozo today, as he didn’t have much threat in the right flank because of Acuna’s early injury - but Pozo is a decent prospect as well and as Chris said, he could become our future RB.

It is definitely not good that Rekik hasn’t had the opportunity to prove himself at his natural position (CB), but he is performing terribly as a LB and Vidal should’ve came in instead of Rekik. He gave away 3 silly free kicks and 1 handball not far from the box, fortunately he hasn’t seen yellow yet. One of those chances almost went in from Kike’s header, and a more dangerous team could at least score one of them. So Rekik and LB = do not work! The earlier Lope understands this the better.

It would be a suicide mission if we do not sign or loan in a full back for the remainder of the season. Acuna is amazing, but he has become very prone to injury and we’re not being able to count on him 100%. The same for Navas, they both have some muscular overload issues that are preventing them to perform every 3-4 days and they obviously need to rest, for a while. While Vidal might be the answer for the RB (temporarily), Rekik is not the answer at LB. So if we’ll count for Rekik and Vidal to be our only back-ups for the constant injury issues of Acuna and Navas, we’re totally doomed.

Not sure if we’re allowed to do it, but bringing Pozo back urgently (as a last resort) wouldn’t be a bad idea at this point.

We desperately need a new full back and we have only 3 more days to rectify this issue, so there is not much space for us to be picky, we should go for a quick and proper solution at least until the end of the season (e.g. half a season loan).

1 Like

Eibar playing a risky game, and we’re getting a lot of counters, but lacking final ball. YEN’s alertness getting us added chances. Jordán moving well in midfield.

And yes, Bryan is out to prove a point. But it seems to be all they’ve got.

1 Like

So… what did I miss? I see that we’re 1-0 up

1 Like

The ref is pathetic, but I’ll blame RFEF again - all the time!

The first penalty case was technically not a penalty because Dmitrovic punched the ball first, however, I can’t help but convince myself that the same would’ve been given for RM, Barca or Atletico with the reason that it is ‘dangerous play’. But for Sevilla… nah!

Also the fact that he needed VAR for the clear shin-kick on YEN tells a lot, true.

2 Likes

We need one more goal at least to seal this off as it is most likely that Eibar will score sooner or later with all the chances they’ve had (though some not quite dangerous).

2 Likes

Vidal in for Navas. That’s good to see. Don’t want Navas injured again.

2 Likes

As Chris touched on about the first penalty shout… Dmitrovic got the ball, but for me he was out of control when he went through YEN. I’d say the same, the big 3 get a penalty for that.