M2: Getafe CF vs Sevilla FC [21/22]

Of course, that would probably be more exciting, but what are we supposed to do? Lose the games early in the season and then start performing near the end? If we have the opportunity to go top of the table early in the season, why not take it?

2 Likes

I was a nervous wreck until we lost the lead just after Christmas 2006, just a personal experience.

I donā€™t understand why players move to UK. Just a drive through Tottenham or Bow and Leytonstone and Iā€™m looking forward to my next root canal treatment.

5 Likes

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

3 Likes

Exactly. That Premier League premium is real thing too. If Kounde was already playing in England, his transfer fee would be over ā‚¬100m.

2 Likes

Donā€™t be silly.

I was asking how we prefer it to pan out, not whether we should throw games !

3 Likes

Master of the blindingly obvious today arenā€™t we?

Would you prefer to play in Saudi for ā‚¬10m or in Roma for ā‚¬7m

3 Likes

4 Likes

Canā€™t say I was really surprised with this starting xi, all though I would have liked to see Lamela starting, and maybe also Dmitrovic starting

3 Likes

I am glad that we are playing again 4-3-3 and itā€™s our best line up. Papu will probably play on winger today, I also thought that Lamela will get the chance from the start. Hope to see new signings in the second half

3 Likes

And as for the oppositionā€¦

4 ex-Sevillistas (including manager), and 1 ex-Betico. Regardless, letā€™s trounce them!

5 Likes

I thought this was more of a 4-2-3-1 with Fernando and Jordan as the pivots and Oscar on the left with Papu as the CAM

4 Likes

Yea, iā€™m curious to see whoā€™s gonna play centrally. I think Papu because of seniority, but weā€™ll see.

Iā€™m just glad Oscar gets another start. :grin:

5 Likes

Michel as a trainer? Watch out for the corners, it was the only tactic he seemed to master.

Vitolo? came on as sub in week 1, did some incredible things and itā€™s difficult to get the ball off him but a minute later runs the ball too far ahead. No guarantees with Vitolo except he can do extreme damage if the ball runs for him.

3 Likes

A like our lineup and the formation we playing again. We have plenty of talent on the bench as well when we need it. Vamos!

3 Likes

Glad Nyom is not starting. Thats one good thing.

We will be dominating possesion. They donā€™t have the players for it and also its Michel. I can see it be annoying on the counter with 2 strikers and a runner like Vitolo. When Michel came to Seville. I was worried we could only play counter football and aimless running at the wings. Compared to those times, we are improving for sure.

5 Likes

Navas - Vitolo duels will be interesting, Vitolo does have smart use of his physique to body past someone like Navas. Kounde needs to be sharp to back that up.

Other one, Unal is smart and handy, can really pull a rabit out of a hat.

Rest of them donā€™t really worry me.

4 Likes

Predictions?

Iā€™m going for a narrow 1-0 win Getafe have always been a difficult team to break down

3 Likes

Iā€™m going with 2-0, Papu and YEN scoring.

4 Likes

I may have missed something, but why are the Sevilla players wearing black armbands?

2 Likes

Lot of dangerous balls played out from the backā€¦

2 Likes