M14: Sevilla vs Valladolid [20/21]

Oliver needs to start every game. We lost a lot of what worked when he went off. Jordan did give us some energy off the bench. But with Oscar right there, why not just go like for like? Lope usually gets us the points from his clutch subs, but this time it blew up in his face. Keep YEN off the wing!

2 Likes

What pisses me off more than anything is we play Yen & LDJ up front yet whenever we lose the ball they both end up in our area defending.
We have other players for that job in Kounde , Fernando & Carlos etc.
Why not leave those two up on the halfway line ready to receive the ball quickly when the opposition attack breaks down?
Instead Bono gets the ball, it’s played sideways and backwards for a while giving the other team plenty of time to get back and re group and smother our attack.
I would like to see Ocampos played up front just behind the front two rather than on the wing I thought he was our best player tonight, he was the only one creating any form of threat to their goal.

One other observation was Gudelj was very lucky the ref did not see it and get a straight red after deliberately doing his best to splatter their players nose with his shoulder once the ball had gone.

4 Likes

The “problem” I have with that, is that is Carlos Fdez position and we don’t even play him there. :joy:

Try supporting Sheff Utd this season mate. :unamused: :blush:

1 Like

Your first win will come against Palace on the 2nd January. I guarantee it.

1 Like

Ocampos in the centre won´t work, he doesn´t get to hold on to the ball as easy as on the wings and he isn´t good in small space.

You can play with no striker and rotating movement sure. But as a centre forward he won´t work.

2 Likes

I like Bilje´s thoughts, but still play Suso.

Idrissi De Jong Suso

Jordan Oliver Fernando

Acuña Diego Koundé Navas

Bono

Would be my want to see next.

3 Likes

Nothing new… failing to score again after leading and cementing the 3 points, ending up not getting the 3 points. Usual Sevilla under Lopetegui, always relying on luck. We will most likely not even finish in top 4 with these kind of results, not beating pathetic teams like Valladolid at home.

Our season’s fate will be decided on how we’ll fare in the next 5 La Liga games, that is playing against: Valencia, Villarreal, Betis, Real Sociedad and Atletico Madrid. Screw up and the season fails - also Lope out. The clock is ticking for him anyway, we’ve become very boring and predictable.

1 Like

That’s gospel right there.

I asked Chris on the pod how many points he sees us getting from those 5 games. How much do you think?

2 Likes

I reckon 7.

2 Likes

I will guess 5 points.

Win - Betis

Draw - Valencia, Villarreal

Lose - La Real and Atlético.

2 Likes

Anything less than 10 points and it’s a failure imo. If we want to show that we’re not a clown team, we should be able to beat Valencia and puta Betis. Then beat one and get 1 point of the rest 3 teams. I’d only expect a loss from Atletico, the others are very beatable.

2 Likes

I think you are going to be very disappointed my friend. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if I won’t be disappointed

3 Likes

Yes, that opening half-hour was actually showing that some things were working. We haven’t played that well in some time. I thought we tried to ‘manage’ the game after that, but we didn’t keep it up.

Yet another very costly lesson of not killing teams off when you’re ahead. We definitely have a squad that’s talented enough to handle these next few games. I think Lope has trouble knowing what he wants. Either we start well then finish poorly, or vice-versa. I think we’ll end up exactly we’re we finished off last season. It’s a lot tougher handling the CL vs the EL, especially in a condensed schedule. All that aside, we can definitely do better.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert - that’s what I guessed.

1 Like
2 Likes

Kounde is the best defender in La Liga right now! Who’s better?

2 Likes

Sergi Gomez :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe Papu Gomez is realistic target, he is definitely going somewhere in the winter and he could be really cheap. Same as Thauvin, half year before his contract expires, so he can’t be expensive. Milik also wants out, but here price can be problem.

3 Likes