M14: Sevilla vs Valladolid [20/21]

Wonder goal ties it. Dropping points at home when Sociedad losses and Barca ties not a good look Lopo.

1 Like

Frustrated but second half we didn´t really seem to care so I guess we got what we deserved. Only positive that it had to be an incredible goal for them and not something silly.
First 30 minutes we played well I would say to conclude this game.

Frustrating that we could only manage a draw. A great goal from Vallodolid leveled it up, and to be fair, Vallodolid deserved a draw the way they played. Still two points dropped, at least Sociedad lost to Levante today and Barça drew as well.

1 Like

Changes need to happen. Lope’s team was firing on all cylinders last season but the team is being found out by everyone in Spain now. Plus, the players are getting exhausted from having to play too many games and there isn’t enough quality depth. Monchi needs to work hard in January to save the season.

3 Likes

Will it matter in this system by Lopo? Nothing works offensively in this system with these players…unless you are playing a Segunda 2nd Division team. :frowning:

We just can’t score more than 1 gol in almost every match and then we draw games like this, when we don’t have excuse for not to win. Ocampos is becoming very unlikeble player, he dives, shots to much, dribbles to much. I think that it’s time to sit him on the bench. We can play with Idrissi or Munir on the winger position. Second thing is, I don’t know if Suso is best option for winger position, because he is just to slow, he could transform in the number 10 position (currently we play 4-3-3, and we don’t have player with that role, but we could try at least). And also this substitutions are the same every game (De Jong, Gudelj)…

4 Likes

I don’t know which is the bigger problem,
Lope too conservative / lack of offensive approach, or the players just aren’t good enough to create chances.

2 Likes

I don’t think any goalkeeper could have saved the Valladolid goal but we were guilty of tactical ignorance, only Koundé seemed to realise that the only sensible scoreline was Valladolid 0.

2 Likes

Like 4 dudes attacked the first header left the back post totally open.

:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face: I give up on football this weekend.

1 Like

You lose your local match?

1 Like

No mate, our game tomorrow was postponed as we were tier 3 and our pitch is in tier 2 so not allowed to play there, but now this tier 4 has come in the League has cancelled all games this weekend and will review 3rd January closer to the time.

I mean…

Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool

Bayer Leverkusen 1-2 Bayern Munich (2 complete fuck ups by CBs, the second literally with about 10 seconds left)

Sevilla 1-1 Valladolid (Late equaliser)

Sure, Lope has to make some changes to his system. But how many world class players do we have? Zero. If our goal is to challenge for La Liga and go far in the Champions League, are the players we have good enough? Can you really rely on guys like De Jong, En-Nesyri, Suso, Jordán, etc. against quality oppositions? Even Ocampos literally has had one good season in last five years. You can argue that it was Lope doing an impossible last season to achieve things but it can only work once. Maybe expectations are too much with an abysmal budget we have.

2 Likes

I agree, but we were one of the teams that spend most this summer for sure. It´s just not well spend.

1 Like

We also don’t have an endless pot of money guys, remember that.

1 Like

Koundé is worldclass.

Our defense in general is good and Bono is a good GK.

We just don´t have goals.

Literally buy goals, Thauvin scores 20 a year if you let him play. Consider a change of environment he might score 10 in La liga. Thats still 8 more then any of our current players.

When there were rumours of Ben Yedder leaving Monaco I would have blindly flown him right back here. Cavani was maybe out of our league but the point stands.

2 Likes

We need a Ben Yedder, Saviola type Striker. Always said this, just a pure goalscorer.

2 Likes

Yet we sold Daburr and Chicharito. :joy:

Im also convinced Negredo would still score 15 easily in our current team.

1 Like

Koundé is not world class yet. He’s had a great 2020 and is on course to become a world class defender, but I wouldn’t label him that just yet.

Thauvin is a good shout. I know we still (sadly) have a tiny budget despite the increased TV money, sponsorships, and winning things in Europe, but there are some cheap hidden gems out there. Right now, we are desperate for some goals and creativity. This is not inspiring to watch.

1 Like