M13: Sevilla at Betis — El Gran Derbi [2019-20]

Was a good goal by them to be fair!

Wake up call as well, started to look unconcentrated and sloppy. Refresh, Reset, and Get those 3 points. Betis growing more and more is gonna be dangerous.

It’s the same worrying pattern we keep getting into. Starting well getting a goal up but we can never sustain the momentum and control. Same thing happened at Valencia and Eibar. We need to come out well 2nd half and respond. We have good options on bench to change it too.

Big 45 mins ahead for Lopetegui and the team!

1 Like

Some really BAD passing from de Jong, costing 2 promising attacks…

De Jong!!!

1 Like

What a strike, he took the net off! More like it!!

1 Like

Banega finding de Jong, finally netting! 1-2 up again boys!

2 Likes

Joaquin, this guy, so respectable, we have our own. But how I wished sometimes this guy was born in red.

Lopetegui reacting to Betis pressure by making another change!

It’s getting tense! I hope we can hang on here!

Diego Carlos with a presumed elbow, on Joaquin. And Vazquez with a hand ball in the box. Some occasions where I´ve seen given penalties for less. Although in both cases, not giving it is fine to me. I still think we got away with some luck, since they might have been given in other cases. Still 1-2 on the board.

1 Like

Yeah we riding our luck a bit here. It’s not comfortable to watch at moment

Vaclik as well bothering me more and more with his out of line goalkeeping…

2 Likes

I agree he never catches anything!

Same with his kicking too!

1 Like

Wild celebrations from Lopetegui and his crew! Vamos! Massive win, great game management in end!

2 Likes

Very Big win as said before, puts us back up near the top. Playwise, not great. And towards the latest 10 minutes, pure time wasting. So let´s not speak about beauty, but it doesn´t matter here. Compliments for the team accomplishment, and lucky charm Lucas Ocampos, with his overall stellar performance, goal, and working attitude mvp for me. Koundé i´m also liking more and more, looking more confident every game, hoping he can be a great defensive rock like(and with) Diego Carlos.

3 Likes

Yeah I liked the teams defensive performance today. We stood up well to a lot of Betis pressure. I thought Betis played decent and I think they will take points off a few teams going forward. Was very pleasing to win that one. An all round team effort.

Keeps us tied with Atlético in joint 3rd. Now the international break so we can relax for a bit before preparing for Valladolid away! Vamos!

2 Likes

We deserved the 3 points. I fear Ocampos is going to be sold next summer latest, too hot to stay here and we know what happens with players that ‘blow up’ in our club.

The green bastards stood no chance, although we are still suffering from the syndrome of not being able to finish the game off, it’s costing us a lot. We could’ve won this way easier if it wasn’t for the inability to seal the game off with time. We gave them hope at times and made the match interesting when it shouldn’t have been, as we were miles better than them in every aspect.

However, it is a bit worrying that a fucking moron (pun intended) catches our defense off-guard many times, one of them resulting in a silly goal. I haven’t seen such easier goals conceded in a while.

Nevertheless, the international break is welcome now. 24 points sitting 4th in the table… not too bad when you think of it.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

2 Likes

Vaclik’s footwork is absolutely terrible… he should stick to keeping it simple. Also he has not performed well in overall lately… time to think for a serious competition in the GK spot come next summer, can’t 100% rely on him anymore, unless he steps his game up somehow.

1 Like