M13: Real Betis v. Sevilla FC "El Gran Derbi" [21/22]

I figure we would through this up since there is already a lot to discuss about the match.

Terrible news about Navas.

Also terrible news that Mateu Lahoz will be our ref in that match.

6 Likes

Going to be a tough match this one. Last couple of years the Derby has been a bit tame probably due to covid and the lack of a crowd. A few fisty cuffs and red cards wouldn’t go amiss.

4 Likes

Not very optimistic about this, but I hope we could somehow manage to get 3 GOLDEN points at this stage.

We are in fact better than them, so let’s see how Lope lines the team up and how the players approach the match.

4 Likes

It’s probably one of the most anticipated derbies in a long time. As we back to having full fans and also both sides are riding high in la liga. It’s a good thing they playing tonight in Europa league so hopefully they are a bit tired on Sunday.

It will be a tough one as our away form especially has been very underwhelming at times. I really don’t know what to expect here as it’s a derby so anything can happen and both sides in similar form.

We have usually had the indian sign over :poop: so I hope that keeps up. I feel though it will be very difficult and I’d probably take a draw if offered. I hope we can win it though as it would be massive for our confidence and the perfect tonic to bounce back from the disappointment midweek against Lille.

We will know whether it’s possible to hit the top of la liga depending on how our rivals get on as we play last this weekend. If they slip up and we have the chance to go top it will add to the pressure and excitement. Let’s see what happens.

Vamos sevilla!

4 Likes

Nice to see :poop: get their arses kicked before the derby! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Fekir is a punk haha

4 Likes

Looks like papu is fit again and back training and hopefully in squad. We appear to just be without navas now and everyone else is fit. A good place to be in before the big derby!

4 Likes

Such a good player, but also a massive div.

2 Likes

Navas needed a rest, but wouldn’t get it otherwise lol.

We have Ludwig as a back-up too - I’m not sure if he’s flexible enough to play as RB, but with him, Acuna and Montiel as full back options, we should be fine.

4 Likes

Goes without saying that this is a massive game and the most eagerly anticipated derby in a while.

Both sides are flying high in the league and first game with fans for a while. Hopefully their confidence has been hit a bit by the Atletico defeat and the loss in the Europa League.

It’s going to be a tough game but what a perfect tonic for us to bounce back from the disappointment of the Lille defeat and put in a good performance away from home and get the win!

I hope Lope approaches the match in a positive manner and takes the game to :poop:. Nervous but looking forward to this at the same time!

Big blow Navas being out for a while, but I’m confident that in Montiel, Acuna and Ludwig we have the cover to be okay. He did need a rest! :rofl:

5 Likes

tifo

5 Likes

Just a few pictures I took when I was lucky to watch the derby back in 2019

10 Likes

This game is massive for us to not only beat our rivals of course but to keep up in the title race in the league. Both teams and fans will be raring to go in this one, but I think we have enough to get it done. I’m sure will be a great atmosphere and I wish I had the money to take a redeye flight and be there Sunday.

Regardless I will have a beer in hand and can’t wait.

Let’s get it done boys.

6 Likes

Lopetegui confirms YEN is out injured. YEN didn’t train today. I must admit he didn’t look 100% coming on against Lille. I feel hopefully after the international break he’s sharper and more over his injury to join the team again.

4 Likes

I hope they don’t call him up for Morocco to “investigate” the injury as he needs to be here, with our medics and with the team to make the full comeback easier.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. I hope he stays in Seville this time. He needs to rest up and be fully fit after the break.

2 Likes

What happens if we / he refused to go?

Would love some photos of you fine folks watching the match today. If you can post them in the thread here or shoot them to me on a message or what’s app, I would appreciate it. I’ll try to make something special with it. What’s app is

2 Likes

No Oliver this is a surprise, glad to see Lamela in the line up. Let’s win this! Vamoos!

7 Likes

Not risking Delaney getting himself sent off before half - time then. :thinking:

5 Likes