LaLiga 2021-22 Season Thread

Another friendly game is set, on 27 July against PSG in Algarve.

6 Likes

It is scheduled to be broadcast on ESPNdeportes and ESPN 3

2 Likes

Bad news. Hopefully this means that no Sevilla players contracted the virus

1 Like

I saw Rakitic out taking pics with fans and I was like nooooooo!

2 Likes

These players are heading back to Portugal for training camp leading up to the friendly with PSG:

• Dmitrovic
  • Bono
  • Javi Díaz
  • Alberto Flores
  • Jesús Navas
  • Pozo
  • Gnagnon
  • Koundé
  • Rekik
  • Sergi Gómez
  • Gudelj
  • Fernando
  • Joan Jordán
  • Óliver Torres
  • Rakitic
  • Ocampos
  • Óscar Rodríguez
  • Rony Lopes
  • Suso
  • Idrissi
  • Munir
  • De Jong
  • En-Nesyri
  • Pablo Pérez
  • Carlos Álvarez
  • Juanmi
  • José Ángel
  • Juanlu
  • Pedro Ortiz
  • Johansson
  • Iván
  • Aspar
  • Zarzana.
2 Likes

No Gnagnon
When does Papu come in?

2 Likes

Gnagnon what is the point.

Either Alfonso Pastor is injured or going on loan now surely, not in the squad yesterday and not travelling to Portugal, Alberto Flores travelling as a fourth keeper as Adrian Gonzalez is still recovering from surgery.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a discussion about the proposed rule changes for season 2022/23
These include two 30 minutes halves
Rolling substitutions no limit
5 minutes SIN BIN for a yellow card
and
No throw-ins, kick-ins instead. (Kick-ins were in the original Cambridge rulebook, throw-ins were introduced later)

3 Likes

It doesn’t sound too bad, but these rules cater more towards Futsal, not sure if they are going to be successfully implemented in the Football that we know, but we’ll get used to it somehow.

They removed the away goal rule and we have to get used to it starting from this season, so let’s see.

5 Likes

Wtf? Are those for real?

1 Like

The 30 minute halves proposal also includes a clock stoppage element, so the games would likely run for similar lengths.

The sin-bin would be interesting, but I’m n sure how it would work long term.

The kick-in doesn’t seem to address anything and seems more like change for the sake of change instead of advancing the game.

1 Like

They are what FIFA have come up after consultation with associations.

:thinking:

They say that throw-ins slow the game down.

1 Like

Im down to increase the amount of effective play time. But some of these are just not good. That 5 min for a yellow gives such an inbalance. Might as well, shrink the pitch. You’ll get the prepare for 5 minutes parking the bus. Forcefully ruining the game for a bit, free switching 2 defenders in there or something, because why not. It will become an game of errors in my opinion. I Imagine getting a second yellow is fine as well? The boundary between red and yellow will become immense. There is a reason why football is good as it is. If the changes happen, some tactics will become so annoying. Imagine being down 0-1 and getting a yellow. It gives them like 5 free minutes of possesion play to waste time 5 minutes of playing time. How is this increasing joy to watch the game?

5 Likes

Scrapping throw-ins is a silly idea. If you have kick-ins then every time the ball goes out in the oppositions half it effectively becomes a free-kick which can be pumped into the box. Not for me.

4 Likes

Sevilla have added 2 more friendlies for their stay in Portugal. After playing PSG on the 27th, they’ll play Roma July 31st & Portimonense August 1st. Back to back.

4 Likes

Nice… we’re all set now Monchi, enough friendlies :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I thought la liga might rollback their draconian crowd restrictions after Euro 2020 but so far nothing. It appears (for the moment) that Sevilla will only release 5000 season tickets and I’m not hearing anything about matchday tickets. So RSP is not going to have much atmosphere.
Season ticket holders can do a symbolic renovation for €10 to maintain their rights.
The 5k lucky fans will be selected by electronic lottery.

I think la liga should review its restrictions in light of the fact Euro 2020 does not seem to have created any major spikes in infections.

After the Euro 2020, especially the full crowds on Wembley, it would be really sad for La Liga not to allow at least 50% of capacity (if not full). Football is dead without fans and last season was the most boring season of all… can’t imagine another consecutive season without fans or stupid restrictions that hinder the atmosphere in the stadium.

3 Likes

Well it’s still up in the air but what they’ve announced today is not too bad. Prices have gone up, a lot. The sale of matchday tickets will not happen because away fans are not allowed.

Then it gets complicated.

They still haven’t refunded all 2019/20 season. The crowd size is also subject to the Andalucian parliament decisions on Covid restrictions but they’re hoping that up to 70% might be admitted if things go well with Covid. Fans will be able to acquire season tickets via internet without the lottery folly.

4 Likes

We have a Monchi member in Alaska don’t we?
Big earthquake up there. :open_mouth:

1 Like