LaLiga 2021-22 Season Thread

It was like a classic defensive rearguard action. They throw all their bodies on the line. It was very surprising considering how bad they been playing and defending lately.

They have a great record against Real Madrid and Barca though in the last 2 seasons. They are a crazy team who pull these surprises now and then. We need some tips off them for what their secret is against Real and Barca hehe!

2 Likes

As I mentioned before a friend of mine at work is a Cadiz fan. He said literally the other day that he wouldn’t be surprised if they got something against Real Madrid. But he would much rather take a win over the likes of say a Granada, or Alaves, someone around them than beating or getting something from the big boys as in the grand scheme of things doesn’t really help them that much.

2 Likes

One more reason to give it all against Barca and get the 3 points on Tuesday night.

4 Likes

Win and we go 3 points behind. Massive incentive!!!

4 Likes

Yeah it’s huge. Madrid also play Wednesday with a tough trip at bilbao and they without modric and casemiro too. It’s possible they could slip up again.

Tuesday night is huge because you feel if we pull it off we really cement 2nd place and really make it a close/competitive 2 horse race between ourselves and Real Madrid. We are uncharted territory and I hope we can take the chance. It won’t be easy though.

We have to handle the top of the table pressure, deal with our injuries and get over the hump of beating Barca in a big la liga game. All that as well as the refs/var on Barca side.

Still we have proved we are adaptable and they are struggling with injuries themselves and obviously not the same feared force now Messi era has gone. Let’s hope we can do it.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Tuesday night now. Even if it means getting soaked to the skin in the forecast rain. :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

That was a very interesting weekend. I thought Rakitic and Isak would share the shot of the week, then I saw the Williams goal. Barca were lucky with the 3rd goal. Rayo deserved the win and played some inspired football up front.

What really gets me about :poop: is the fans, not the team or club. The city used to be a cauldron of fireworks when the teams won, then :poop: went through 10 years of mediocrity. Now they’ve started again, neighbours setting off rockets every time they score and for hours after win. I need to buy some rockets, air bombs and petardos ! Revenge.

6 Likes

I was lucky enough to join the La LIga Lowdown folks again -

I join around the 3:30 minute mark.

7 Likes

Hopefully now Bilbao and Williams have started to find the net again they can complicate stuff for Real tonight.

4 Likes

Ferran Torres to Barca here we go, 55m+10m add ons. Where did they get the money? I’m really surprsised by this. In the summer they were broke, cutting salries, now splashing 65m like it’s nothing.

3 Likes

Granada just equalized against Atletico 1-1.

Monchi doing us proud on the primetime quiz show ‘pasapalabra’. He’s smart although he did say his two dogs decide the signings.

3 Likes

Both bilbao and Real Madrid have so many players out. Madrid ravaged with covid infections though.

2 Likes

Ferran Torres to Barca here we go, 55m+10m add ons. Where did they get the money? I’m really surprsised by this. In the summer they were broke, cutting salries, now splashing 65m like it’s nothing.

Dubai company took on (almost) all of Barca’s 1,4 billion euro’s debt in the end of September. So Barca was super broke in the summer transfer window. Dubai company wants Barca to pay of that debt with them from 2030 or something if I remember correctly. So Barca is basically back at 0 euro’s debt for the time being, and are now ‘investing’ to reemerge into the top 3.

3 Likes

And people wonder why football is ruined.

4 Likes

Granada just gone 2-1 up against Atletico

4 Likes

Granada beat Atletico 2-1. Thank you Molino, ex :poop:.

4 Likes

We are now 11 points clear of Atletico. Solid!

4 Likes

Any idea how to watch the full episode?

2 Likes

I don’t know but it’s all week and normally the guests are there a few days, so you might be able to watch tomorrow by downloading an app like ‘newplay’ that’s got all the TV Channels and select the ‘Antena 3’ channel. Goes out at 8:00 til 9:00.

2 Likes

Ocampos voted best la liga player of December and I think he deserves it.

8 Likes