La Liga 2023-24 Season Thread

Epic relegation battle between Cadiz and Granada in the final minutes, Cadiz win 1-0.

Cadiz making a late push to try survive. They applying pressure on the clubs above them.

1 Like

I watched the Cadiz v Granada game and they were both very poor, surly we are better than them and can beat both in our upcoming games.

1 Like

Goal was a beauty, what a touch and definition.

1 Like

Change of heart after watching us today?

2 Likes

:poop: lost its fourth game in a row!

3 Likes

I still think we can catch them.

5 Likes

Got a chance to overtake 7th? Seems pretty unlikely, but if it happened, I’d be all for it

4 Likes

To clarify, I don’t think the claim was that we’d take 7th, but that :poop: will fall so far in coming weeks that we may end higher than them. Clearly we would also need to climb to get there, but I suspect that if we make up that ground, we would be meeting in the middle around 10th or so

3 Likes

Sevilla have more points than :poop: in 2024 according to moaning :poop: fans.

The CDR final should have been moved to midweek, not much interest in Bilbao or Mallorca in 90% of Spain.

3 Likes

Probably true, but I prefer that final over RM-Barca anytime.

5 Likes

Athletic Bilbao celebrate their cup win with a million fans in attendance, if there was ever a moment I wanted to see a shipwreck.

5 Likes

Why the Athletic hate? :sob:

3 Likes

100% this, if anybody deserved it it’s them. Losing 6 or so finals before that to finally win it. Man thats beautiful.

4 Likes

It’s not hate, they’re just bloody annoying. Half the north think the Andaluces are gypsies and junkies but when they come down here you see they have no manners and they’re obnoxious.
And this thing with the boat, why can’t they have a celebration next day like all the other clubs do.

3 Likes

That’s a fair viewpoint, on the other hand they’ve now won it 24 times.

3 Likes

Different time, different world, different meaning.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/LaLigaenDirecto/status/1779514827729142014?t=DbCWVZ8HwF8-9Nx-w3ST4g&s=19

Seems about right.

Made me anxious for another @sterusebn graph

3 Likes

We’ve definitely gotten better results with Quique at the helm, and the team seems to pass the eye test more so than in years past, but we’re still noticeably behind where we were last year.

Something isn’t working, and I’m not sure anyone at the club knows how to fix it.

2 Likes

:shushing_face:

:laughing:

1 Like