January Transfer Rumors

Campana linked again along with his midfield counterpart Joan Jordan.

1 Like

Like it! I called that one with Campana earlier this season.

Renato and Sampaoli (now in Santos) ask for Mercado, Arena and Ganso
Rico wants to return next summer (but we don’t?)
Promes wants to loan back to Moscow but rejected by the club, obviously.

I had read that Promes was inquired by Russia, but SFC turned it down and Promes didn’t want to go back as he is enjoying his football.

Well, that’s the complete opposite😂
Hopefully you are correct. Your source shows that Promes wants to succeed and my source shows that he’s hopeless.

1 Like

I’m not really sure why Promes hasn’t clicked with the team yet, he has the quality and technique, just not sure if it’s tactical, mental or luck. He played pretty well in a wide midfield/winger in the draw to Valencia. Might need a longer time to bed in or a position overhaul?

We are linked to Levante’s 24 year old winger Jason.

It’s definitely tactical. He’s been great at RWB when he’s been allowed to play out wide and run at defenders. He was brilliant against Valencia.

Asking to play with his back to goal as a striker isn’t his position. He was clearly signed to play wide in the front on a 3-4-3, but since we switched to 3-5-2, he’s been forced inside where he’s less comfortable.

4 Likes

Talks growing that Muriel is locked in for a transfer to Fiorentina — loan + €13M buy option. Great for all parties imo.

3 Likes

I’ve read that he’s about to join Milan first. Gattuso even stated that he could play as either a winger or a striker in his formation, quite weird - but the good thing is that we’re getting rid of him!

Milan is the stupidest fucking team. It’s like they intentionally make the worst decisions over and over again lol.

1 Like

Sssshhhhhh don’t let them no just yet. Let them have him first and then we can make fun of them when he is photographed covered in the powered sugar from the cannolis.

1 Like

Hahahahah

It’s official , on loan to Fiorentina until the end of this season, with a purchase option.

Bye Bye Muriel.

2 Likes

Latest nonsense is linking us with Morata, Jovetic and Bailly. Wouldn’t mind the last two, particularly Bailly if it’s a permanent deal. There’s no way we can afford Morata’s wages if we can’t even pay our best players now.

Madrid’s also sniffing around Sarabia. Florentino’s probably 18m worth of change in his couch cushions. If it happens, hopefully they wait til the summer.

I saw one linking us with Memphis Depay for 50 Million Euros haha

Jovetic should come fairly cheaply I would think. He has only played in 6 matches in a terrible Monaco club.

Manchester United linked to Sarabia now. It will be criminal if we lose him for only 18 million.

1 Like

Bailly would be excellent, at just 24 and being used to the Liga from Villarreal days he would slot in perfectly in our defense.

Jovetic never really won me over, he has talent but his goal ratio has always been pretty average, I wouldn’t want to sacrifice one of WBY or Silva for him. And the less about Morata said, the better; he has been absolutely pedestrian when playing for Chelsea, not to mention he would dislodge our current partnership with his playing style and astronomical wages, I know we have some money but this not how you spend it.

A number of good players would become free agents at the end of this season, Hector Herrera and Yacine Brahimi (Porto), Moussa Dembelle (Spurs), Ander Herrera (Man Utd) and El Haddadi (Barca), just nabbing one of them would be a major boost to us.

3 Likes

Munir looks like a done deal, but coming in the summer.

Munir coming on a free transfer in June. Hope this doesn’t mean that we are giving Silva back.