January Transfer Rumors

Well it is almost that time. If you got any rumors post em’ in this thread.

I read one today about Luis Alberto. He seems to always pop up each window.

1 Like

Not quite sure about the latest rumors, but I just know that our bench is quite weak and we need 2-3 reinforcements if we want to keep fighting for the top 4 and do well in EL/CDR.

Sporting is apparently going to come in for Muriel again.

Please please please

2 Likes

Pay his tickets and such, just get him off the books.

Carlos Fernandez is doing pretty good at Depor, I’d rather have him.

The only player we’ve been seriously linked to aside from Alberto is Moreno who has stagnated at Liverpool, his contract is expiring anyway and we could snag him for free at the end of the season, though I’m not sure if he’s worth a punt at this stage.

We already have two LBs. He wouldn’t play

We don’t need Moreno, he’s gone downhill fast since he left us and I’m not sure if he was all that good to start with.

1 Like

We could use Moreno if we use him at LW/LM instead of Nolito.

What would you guys think about bringing back Jose Campana? I always like him. I’d like to have him back and tutor with Banega for a few years before taking over his position full time. He’s gotta be better than Wobbly Table right?

He’s at his level right now. He doesn’t really do any one thing well. Not super creative, not great at dictating play, and not a great defensive player.

The lull of the internationals has transfer rumors swirling again.

So far I’m reading Marcos Llorente (R. Madrid) for Gonalons, Andrija Zivkovic (Benfica), Miranda (Inter) and Fernando Calero (Valladolid). I honestly have no idea who Calero is so some info on him would be nice.

And PSG are sniffing around Ben Yedder, just tell to piss off already.

Thanks for the info. To be honest though, these are very weak links, maybe except Llorente to some extent, all others are crap. Miranda at 34 would be of any use at a demanding 3 at the back system? What a joke, I hope the rumors aren’t true.

Sevilla confirm they will activate €30m Andre Silva option.

Sevilla will exercise their €30m option to sign striker Andre Silva permanently despite Milan wanting the striker to return.

The Andalusian club’s Director of Football Joaquin Caparros has reassured the club’s fans they will sign the Portugal international against the wishes of the Rossoneri.

3 Likes

Just throwing this out there. Would you support going in for Cristhian Stuani? Stuani was linked in the summer and is leading the league in scoring. He is 32, but could be bought for a decent price assuming Girona would sell him sitting 6th in the league.

They won’t sell him. They wouldn’t even sell us Portu. And striker is the least of our problems at the moment. Add in his age and it’s not even worth the inquiry.

3 Likes

Pepe reportedly revoked his contract with Besiktas because of the club’s financial crisis. He covered the wages of the kitchen staff and left, what a boss!

He’s 35 and well past his prime, although he played very well at Besiktas and scored lots of goals for a CB, mostly from set pieces. Could he be a good addition for the January transfer window?

Maybe a loan with a purchase option for another year or two?

One thing I know for sure is that he’s way better than Miranda who was rumored to join us in January. Miranda’s 34 and past his prime as well.

Reading between the lines it’s looking more likely day by day that Sarabia will be gone in January.
Caparros is quoted in an interview given to muchodeporte.

When asked about renewals;
Without naming names he says that if a player agrees to leave and join another club for more money there is nothing we can do to stop him, we have offered an important salary increase but we will not go to any price.

That would be very stupid, plain and simple.

I hope the management is clever than that. Sarabia is more or less our most valuable player atm, especially regarding statistics.

2 Likes

Pepe. I wouldn’t have him in my team even if he offered to play for nothing. He’s the most dirtiest, player I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Sarabia should ask Vitolo if he is happier in Madrid with more money.