International Break - October 4-12, 2021

well shit!

Weird that Sevilla requested that YEN stay back because of injury but Morocco forced the travel because they wanted to medically evaluate the player. Something to keep an eye on for January.

4 Likes

And yet whose medical facilities are probably better? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Kounde starting again in the 3 at the back formation of France. Our January prospect (fingers crossed) Tchoumani starting too. Rooting for France in this one!

3 Likes

That Mbappe goal looked totally offsides. The commentators thought so too, yet they never showed the VAR review with the lines on the field showing him to be clear. Maybe from another angle he was good, but from the viewers view, it looked like a gift to France.

4 Likes

France v Spain, I can’t say anything about that abomination of an offside
decision that would convey how seriously the game has fallen. It squishes the relevance of football and totally demeans the integrity of the sport.

If that is the future, I’m out.

2 Likes

We’re seeing it with penalties too… all the time. VAR doesn’t seem to be the universal perfect solution for football for now. I think it either needs to be more technologically advanced, like in a FIFA/PES game or something, or it will always cause debates.

1 Like

Really dissapointing indeed. Unimaginable. How you can make arguments for no offside. Which they managed to do; the touch of Garcia, creating a new situation, in which it’s a pass to Mbappe. They are completely changing the chronology of where to look at, and what is happening in what order, it’s laughable. Disgusting organization. VAR is just another hidden scapegoat, to influence results. Really is.

2 Likes

You are totally correct @Enrico

The problem is that the rules on offside are partly subjective rather than totally objective. It has morphed into this situation purely to benefit the Real Madrids Barcelonas and Manchesters of the world where the money exists, or in the case of Barcelona, existed. No ref would confirm that decision in Spain or France but there you go, that’s globalization for you.

Same goes for penalties right?

2 Likes

I can see it clearly yes

1 Like

They are partly subjective, everything that happens in football can be interpreted from two sides (one for each team).
A bad pass, a good interception.
accidental obstruction, deliberate block.
Loss of balance, easy dive.
Literally everything.

it’s like an argument. Where the ref (plus var) decides the truth. I can accept, a misjudged tackle or a slight dive, push, i’m okay with that.

But this is literally creating the rules that exist to make a ‘new’ situation out of the actual situation. To decide it, and then to sweep it under the rug, by mentioning var. It’s absolutely disgusting.

2 Likes

We had the exact same thing, with the penalty given against Wolfsburg. In no normal World is that a penalty, looking at the most logical and chronological interpretation. But there is mister video assistant referee deciding otherwise, for what ever devil forsaken reason (probably higher power or money)

2 Likes

I’ll get over it but it has left another scar on football, for me that was shameful.

2 Likes

100% agree Tim.

1 Like

So if a defender touches the ball now it isn’t offside?

1 Like

I saw this explanation.

2 Likes

It really twists every law in actual football. So Eric can’t even go for an interception and has to blindly trust the lines man and do nothing and hope it’s offside. What are they doing to the sport.

Really an interpretation problem, of inhumane proportions.

They are really changing rules.

How many times have you seen a long ball to a striker deep in offside position, but then still a defender jumps (deliberately) and heads it, or touches it. Even though it’s offside. The ball skips over and suddenly the striker can go on? This is never allowed, never. So if it’s hit or touched by the anybody in whatever direction the offside has been ruled out. And the play can continue. Similarly to badminton. Everytime since the new var has come, the linesman are hesitating more and more and taking more time to even throw up their flag to actually wave for offside. This makes it even more wrong, because nowadays a lot of deliberate touches have already happened when they turn it back, and blow for offside. The inconsistency only grows, its just shameful…

And as of yesterday, it suddenly IS and creating a new situation? So from now on, all these situations should just continue the play. If they are consistent with their interpretation. Which they aren’t, it will only happen in certain cases. Where the rules can be bend to take advantage of it. The people trying to ‘defend’ the ‘rules’ in this case are a ruination for football.

1 Like

Wasn’t it applied similarly for 1 of Coke’s goals in the final vs Liverpool in 2016?

No, Liverpool player shot the ball against another Liverpool player and it bounced to Coke who was in offside position.

It wasn’t like here with France where the ball was played by a teammate toward attacker in offside position and got touched by an opponent.

2 Likes

Yup thats a second deflection. So the ball was going forward, then the defender deflected it back to Coke. Real different case. Also like Jesus said, it’s no pass towards a player in offside position in the first place.

1 Like