International Break-November

Some key World Cup qualifiers coming up during this break.

US plays against Mexico and Jamaica- Would take a draw right now for tomorrow’s game

And of course all the Sevillastas: Delaney for Denmark, Bono and Munir for Morocco, etc.

Which games are ya’ll most interested in tuning in for. Besides the US game obviously I am interested in seeing how Morocco fairs against Guinea who is getting closer to a WC spot and always enjoy watching Argentina especially when they play Brazil.

4 Likes

A friend of mine who lives near Cincy says a friend of his backed out and can’t go to the game versus Mexico tonight and asked if I wanted to come. Only hitch is I am supposed to supervise at my job tonight and train some new employees.Maybe call in and say I have some erm…stomach issues lol?

Decisions decisions and since Cincy is a 6 hour drive for me need to make it quick lol. Regardless US versus Mexico is always exciting to watch.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the circumstances are such that I can’t be excited about my NT for now.

We went from drawing against Denmark (friendly) 2:2 at home, beating Czech Republic 2:1 at home, beating the likes of Bulgaria, Montenegro etc. comfortably and giving England a hell of a competition in the first match, to projected last in the 2022 WC qualifying group and we just lost against Jordan… freaking Jordan! 0:2 at home. I watched the match in the stadium and it was a total embarrassment.

We sacked the previous coach Bernard Challandes and I really hope, in fact it is my greatest wish that we don’t mess around this time and from all the rumored coaches we get Felix Magath.

Some are saying that his tactics are old and he is sort of a ‘dictator’, but I think that is exactly what this group needs because they are talented and have a lot of potential. They have become extremely spoiled and arrogant that they consider themselves as superstars, when in fact no one but Amir Rrahmani who is now an undisputed starter at Napoli, is doing anything meaningful with their respective clubs.

So yeah… I’d like to see a ‘dictator’ in this NT because you can’t fool around and lose to the likes of Jordan in front of your fans, with a full A team (bar 1-2 players). That’s not how you fight for your country’s pride and that’s offensive to the fans. Besides, Magath has an impressive CV having won 2 Bundesliga-s with Bayern, 2 DFB Pokals and 1 DFB Supercup; 1 Bundesliga with Wolfsburg and 1 Intertoto Cup with Stuttgart. His latest results are not that impressive but I still think he’d do a great job here.

Other rumors include coaches such as: Alexander Frei, Roberto Carlos, Gianni de Biasi, Roberto Donadoni etc. - none of which I’m keen of.

2 Likes

Bono and Munir start for Morocco as they play Sudan. 16 minutes in Bono picks up a yellow card for handling an awful pass back (can’t blame him for it, otherwise it’s a goal)

2 Likes

Are you sure he handled a back pass? You cannot be booked (or sent off) for handling a back pass.

He must have handled the ball out of his area (in a non dangerous area) or something.

How do you get sent off in the first minute ffs? :flushed:

2 Likes

Huge game for the US tonight. I might watch it outside on the projector with a firepit and a bottle of red.

5 Likes

Dude elbowed a dude in the face. It was a bit ehhh imo.

20 seconds into the game? :joy:

2 Likes

It was definitely in the area, indirect free kick, didn’t go in though. He kept the clean sheet as well.

2 Likes

US beats Mexico 2-0

2 Likes

Can’t be a booking though. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yes fantastic win by our young guys. Always a good night when we beat Mexico and are looking good at the top of the table. Now just have to keep that momentum going against Jamaica on Wednesday.

3 Likes

Still a long road ahead but always great beating Mexico!

2 Likes

Morocco still not convinced about En Nesyri’s injury, questioning the extent, timing and motivation and also the Sevilla doctors appraisal.

Things that make you go ‘hehehe’

5 Likes

Could it also be that YEN pushes this as he wants to spend time with his family there… kind of a vacation for him? Morocco NT is quite weird on this…

3 Likes

North Macedonia (we call them Macedonia regardless of the name and politics bullshit) is the model to follow for my NT. After the huge success of qualifying in the Euro 2020, they have now reached the playoffs of the WC 2022 Europe qualifiers. I hope we’ll see them in Qatar, amazing campaign!

1 Like

Where is East, South and West Macedonia? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone saw the Gudelj error that lead to a goal for Portugal

2 Likes

Anyone know how to watch the Argentina Brazil game tomorrow?