International Break-November

Legally I think you have to have bein sports or something like that.

1 Like

Alright, thanks. Unfortunately I cancelled my bein sports subscription after they lost the rights to la liga

Let’s go :maple_leaf: Canada! @Edinho

4 Likes

That sure was a scrappy game haha, but Canada hold onto a 2-1 win!

To be honest that referee was very questionable and Canada would have scored a lot more if it hadn’t been for him

4 Likes

Very glad to see Canada doing well and going from a modest NT to a real force in CONCACAF. Hopefully they keep the good work up and qualify for the WC 2022. Cheers @Edinho

5 Likes

That Ref was terrible! Even pushed a player.

2 Likes

Are there still a few games to go in CONCACAF qualifying?

I see in the South American quali that Uruguay lost to Bolivia the other day. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve checked their the previous CONMEBOL qualification campaigns since their third and last WC participation in 1994, and it turns out that Bolivia was never closer to qualifying since then. If they manage to beat Venezuela (away) and Chile (home), then things could get very interesting.

1 Like

Yup 1994 was the first World Cup I remember really and I remember Bolivia there. They played the opening game against Germany, which somehow only ended 1-0 and their star player was sent off.

I don’t remember their game against Spain, but their final group game against South Korea at the time was remembered for there being 14 minutes injury time at the end of the game (a record at the time) despite there not being any major injuries etc. Game ended 0-0 and was also apparently one of the most boring games ever at a World Cup.

1 Like

El Diabalo. He had a great career with DC United. Super guy, still in the area and is often at matches.

Concacaf has another round through the group.

1 Like

Guessing that is the nickname of Marco Etcheverry?

I know Jaime Moreno had a decent career in the US too I think?

Funny group Bolivia, not sure if it’s just they aren’t good enough, or what, but not a lot of their players seem to play outside of Bolivia. I think looking at their current squad and recent call ups only two players were based in Europe, one in Belgium and one at Lugo in the Spanish Segunda Division.

As others have put I hope Canada gets it done @Edinho Ya’ll are a very fun team to watch and could cause teams some problems in Qatar no doubt.

Happy with the point against Jamaica tbh as really we should have lost that one. Still in good shape but anything can happen and I still have PTSD lol from when we didn’t qualify last time.

Don’t even care if we finish top tbh just as long as we get it done.

2 Likes

Also, I have every intention of catching us at home in one of the qualifiers that are left next year; would be awesome to go to one where we clinch it.

1 Like

Yep - both DC United legends!

2 Likes

Only Papu starts for Argentina as they face Chile in about 30 mins. Ocampos not eve on the bench (according to Flashscore lineups)?

1 Like