Friendly: Sevilla vs Levante [20/21]

Just watched the highlights. Rather telling that the only two chances Levante had they scored from, I’m also convinced Bono saves the second one. Vaclik was his usual crap self on a one on one, and actually looked from what I could see like he was trying not to get hit by the ball. :joy:

Still a nice come back win for our boys. Ocampos’ goal was absolutely mental the power that came off of his boot. All valuable minutes for our boys before the season kicks off with the Super Cup next week. Shame I will miss it due to work.

4 Likes

Eh there is always autopilot right? :wink:

1 Like

Lol no such luck. Don’t want to be done out of a job anytime in the next 30 years thank you. :laughing:

Bono would 9 times out of 10 save it, while Vaclik 5 out of 10 or so, maybe less. It was a clear 1 on 1, the opponent player took his sweet time on the ball, enough for any keeper to analyze the moves and make a good decision, but not for Vaclik. That is worrying even for a second choice goalkeeper.

1 Like

My problem watching it on the highlights are this (Goalkeeper perspective again!):

1. When Vaclik comes out, look how small and compact he makes himself, his arms and legs are all in. Then look at saves like what Bono made against Man Utd and Inter, out fast, arms wide, legs wide, getting anything in the way to block the ball. Huge difference.

2. Again Bono came out in those saves, brave, made himself big, attacking the ball. Now look at Vaclik yesterday, head and chest back trying to avoid getting hit by the ball, his eyes squinted shut, hoping he doesn’t get one in the face, basically the complete opposite of what a goalkeeper should be doing.

I get the impression Vaclik was signed a lot based on his high flying saves etc, I would be intrigued to know how his definite weakness in one on one’s was never picked up before he came to Seville. Not just yesterday, but what I have noticed over two years now and mentioned quite often, he is absolute trash at them. I think a 5/10 is too much for Vaclik, maybe a 2 out of 10 for one on ones if I am being honest.

As an aside, he isn’t the most comfortable with the ball at his feet either, another key attribute in the modern game that Bono has a strong advantage over him.

3 Likes

The one that annoys me most, at high crosses Vaclik hardly comes out of his goal confidently too. That box is not His in any way or form. I am sure, the first goal isn’t conceded against some teams, coz their goalie runs out and punches or catches it. vaclik always stays put to watch the result.

I actually struggle to name, strong points about Vaclik. His on line goalkeeping sucks, he is just plain bad with his feet, high crosses and aerial duels weak. 1 v 1 weak, long distance maybe alright I guess what does he shine in?

1 Like

I seen the highlights and it was a good work out. It’s nice to comeback and win! Good to see many of the lads get minutes and lope trying new players and new tactics.

We deserved the win and was some goal by Ocampos. It was sweet to see Rakitic get the winner. A great way to start his 2nd spell at Sevilla! It will give us confidence for the super cup and start of la liga. Vamos Sevilla!

3 Likes