Friendly: Sevilla FC vs. Angers SCO [2022]

Yep, I didn’t want Isco at any price but he can penetrate the penalty box and we’re certainly lacking there.

2 Likes

Papu and Isco could be a lethal duo in the midfield. If Lope figures out how to make them both work within a formation, he’s won the jackpot.

1 Like

I see what you did there :wink:

2 Likes

5-0 OT

1 Like

Oliver Torres makes it 5, it’s been a stroll in the park.

1 Like

Spreading the love around today though!

1 Like

I really hope we don’t get rid of Oliver. He makes mistakes, sure, but he also makes things happen.

Suso, on the other hand… I’m not sure what exactly he brings to the table as a winger. A few strokes of genius, but often a touch too many and slows our attack down.

4 Likes

6-0 Ivan

2 Likes

Great goal by number 36

2 Likes

Drink it in folks. When we end up drawing 20 games this year, we can hang our hats on this absolute slaughter.

7 Likes

And just like that, Suso was involved in that goal with a ‘stroke of genius’ with that backheel.

But I’d still say he needs to show more! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

6-0 FT.

Not a real test, but glad that we got the first pre-season win with a goal-fest and a clean sheet.

On to Arsenal!

2 Likes

I think Oliver lacks presence in midfield. Especially when the going gets tough. Brilliant player though.

As for Suso… if Lope likes him that much, why not just let him go on loan to at least get back into top shape. I’d rather Lamela & Ocampos occupy the right flank anyway.

3 Likes

It’s been years since we scored 6 in pre-season but It was nothing outstanding on this occasion, it always looked a mis-match from the first few minutes. Not that we created a lot of chances, we just put them all in the net from open play.

1 Like

6-0 scoreline, never to be seen again under Lopetegui surely. Which goal was y’all favourite?

I’ll take #6 – classic Suso-Navas combo on the right, and then a header by Ivan :grin:

1 Like

#6 was a beaut

1 Like

And @RyanMoore i know you were desperate to know where Rafa Mir was. He suffered a knock so couldn’t make tonight’s game. :wink:

I’m also embarrassed to admit, i forgot Munir was still on this team. Saw him linked to Getafe earlier today.

4 Likes

Munir is probably leaving. Hopefully that means we get a new striker.

2 Likes

I always miss the good ones :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Good point regarding Oliver. He probably wouldn’t be my first choice in a ‘big’ match, but against the teams where we are expected to create and dominate the game with the ball I think he offers plenty.

2 Likes