Europa League - Sevilla FC vs PSV

I’m coming round to that ‘si se puede’ attitude, it’s just that nagging doubt if we get more injuries and la liga becomes more difficult.

Loop Work GIF by notofagus

3 Likes

You guys know I’m all for going for everything. If we are in a tournament we should play that shit to win it. Always!

VAMOS Let’s get 7!

Also this might be the last chance for guys like Fernando, Navas, Rakitic, and Papu to add to their CV.

7 Likes

6 Likes

I say we go for it in this tournament also. It’s a competition we love and winning breeds confidence.

Potentially it could be a route to Europe if we can’t do it through the league.

PSV will be tough though. I think we need to do well tonight with home advantage as it will be tough in Holland.

5 Likes

Plenty of psv fans around the stadium. According to a couple i spoke to they have brought around 3.000. All behaving themselves so far.

6 Likes

I’ve been watching the Manchester United versus Barcelona game. They both have been going back-and-forth with high speed and lots of attacking. So far it’s 0 to 0, but it’s been a good game. Looking at those styles and comparing it to us, even if we advance, it’s gonna be a tough road.

1 Like

Sad that we don’t have Gueye, for the 10th time lol … :frowning:

Hopefully Jordan won’t disappoint and will at least not lose possession often or make stupid back-passes if he plays tonight.

3 Likes

I got this from Flashscore:

sevilla

4 Likes

Can’t see us beating either United or Barca so we definitely need them to both go out.

Plenty of other strong teams who I think we’d struggle against as well but suppose all we can do is take it game by game and you never know.

I too wish Gueye was in that midfield as I’d rate our chances a lot higher.

3 Likes

Rakitic and Jordan without Fernando… :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

This formation is closer to the mediocre one vs. Barca than the superb one vs. Mallorca.

There’s fear of humiliation once again. I suppose we’ll be able to counter well with this lineup, but it has to work… or a lot of changes will be needed in the second, maybe change of tactics as well.

2 Likes

Sure does seem a very defensive line up with five at the back and Rakitic and Jordan in midfield. No Ocampos or Lamela either.

I don’t understand being defensive in a home tie that we need to win to have any chance of progressing in my mind.

4 Likes

PSV are playing a pacey 4-3-3.

5 Likes

It’s not going to be easy, but the farther we go, the more money we will get for the transfer window! Let’s go get that W today!

6 Likes

2 Likes

Beatles GIF by tylaum

1 Like

A bit George Harrison :rofl:

1 Like

Luuk de Jong better suck like he did for us.

2 Likes

European nights at the RSP got that magical feeling about them.

A very special game. I got a couple of van Nistelrooy-shirts so I really want him to succeed, reunion with Luuk, game against PSV from the city where our European dreams started to flourish - and of course a great chance to continue the progress.

Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Rakitic is still a good footballer, smart body movements, good passing, killer set-piece delivery …just wish he had more pace.