Europa League - Sevilla FC vs PSV

Unfortunately we could only add three players and Oliver had to be in cause of need of spanish players. And no way lopetegui was gonna leave off Jordan in September.

1 Like

I’m saying we should’ve swapped Jordan for Gueye if it was technically allowed, but that was always a difficult thing to happen because of the reasons that Ryan mentioned and somehow… Sampaoli is still trusting Jordan by giving him a lot of undeserved minutes.

PSV got a 2-2 draw vs Feyenoord, leading 2-0 with 10 minutes to go before Jahanbakhsh scored a quick double. El Ghazi and Fabio Silva on the scoresheet for PSV. Xavi Simons is definitely their danger man and Thorgan Hazard is another threat. They’re only 4 points off the top so could rotate for the Europa League given their priorities.

As for Sevilla the two legs come between a home game vs Mallorca, away to Rayo and then home to Osasuna. Rayo away are never easy so if we want to go all out it’s best to blitz PSV in the home game, tough out Rayo away and put in a decent shift in Eindhoven before the game vs Osasuna. It would be damning to get anything less than 6 points in those 3 La Liga games so for me the priorites are pretty much set.

1 Like

If we lose we drop down to the conference league, no?

1 Like

We drop down to… home :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You only go into Conference League if you finish third in your Europa League group.

1 Like

Damn… idk why I thought it worked that way. Would have been cool if it did

2 Likes

Papu out for at least 5-6 weeks

2 Likes

Would have been more tragic a couple weeks ago. At this point he is just a luxury sub anyways…

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Papu never played another game for Sevilla.

2 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Alex Telles back in the squad

3 Likes

Apparently Fernando didn’t know that Gueye could not play in the EL, he thought all the players are available.

Makes you wonder… does Sampaoli prepare vs. specific opponents and discuss tactics/strategies with at least his main players? This shows lack of seriousness and perhaps professionalism too.

Quite weird…

3 Likes

Full list. Welcome back Alex Telles! That’s a surprise I think he’s back so soon.

4 Likes

Without a doubt. I expect him to go to MLS or back to Argentina in the offseason. Question will be if it comes with a transfer fee or just a termination of contract.

3 Likes

Makes me laugh when a player has already been registered to a number their replacement cannot use the same number hence Bade and Ocampos.

1 Like

In years prior I remember seeing number 41 Suso, number 42 Papu, and number 51 YEN, but for some reason number 44 and 55 look sillier for me

3 Likes

Y’ALL.

CAN’T.

BE.

SERIOUS!

I mean, I know my man @keepingitrealistic is just staying true to his name, but you guys are seriously doubting the Kings of the Europa League??! It makes no sense that we have 6 of them, so why doubt the 7th? Too many Jesuses on this team to have this little faith.

3 Likes

Staying with my view…it is a distraction at this point. Our squad is ancient and injured. We will do well to prioritize La Liga at this point. Now granted we are going to play and really no player is going to roll over and give up. I would love to see us win another, but I just don’t see it this year. That being said, I will be watching anyway because it is Sevilla :slight_smile:

2 Likes