Europa League Play-offs Knockout: GNK Dinamo Zagreb v Sevilla FC 02-24-2022

Woohooo! slipped past Zagreb :clap:

3 Likes

Barely but we are through. Let’s hope Carlos isn’t hurt bad.

Scraped by there…Dinamo put a good effort in.

1 Like

I can finally relax my buttcheeks

1 Like

At least we through. Time to forget about this match.

1 Like

To me an absolute disrespect of a performance, not much more different than Espanyol but here we are going to the next round.

Well played to Zagreb, showed some character and tried their best. Secretly hoped that the Tottenham scenario repeated here tonight, like Brian sketched before. And we could put it away, as “focussing on the league” is better for now.

We deserved to go through over the 2 legs. Believe it or not we had more shots on target and more attempts than them tonight. It didn’t feel like it at times though.

It was overall not a good performance tonight but over the 2 legs the right team is going through for me. We can look forward to a last 16 tie.

The injury to DC the biggest blow tonight. Hopefully it’s nothing to serious. It’s gonna be tough on Sunday with our makeshift defence though.

1 Like

So were we rubbish?

yes, very much so.

2 Likes

The players minds were clearly on the derby in my opinion.

1 Like

Can’t imagine wanting my own team to lose

2 Likes

You only care about scoreboards :joy:

Also your manner of interpreting is questionable. Just type Viva Lopetegui, once more. Really adds depth to the discussion.

2 Likes

Sorry that I want my team to win buddy. We’re through all that matters.

3 Likes

A bit disappointed but the qualification is there, I’m afraid we can’t fight for Europe and La Liga at the same time and we risk losing everything and winning nothing

3 Likes

I think overall it’s the central defence that’s obviously the most worrying for the derby. In terms of the other positions we now have most players back and we well covered again.

I’m hoping we have at least one of Carlos or Rekik available for the derby. As I think we can cope ok with that and playing say gudelj with one of them. We will see what happens

If we have to go into Sunday with no Carlos, how many do :poop: score?

Knowing us we will still surprise everyone even with a makeshift defence haha. It gives :poop: a big advantage if no Carlos but even still we can still make it difficult for them. I agree though our chances potentially hinge on him or rekik being available.

Also it’s called passion for the sport. Big difference with cheering for the result, seems to be a bigger thing in the States.

1 Like

Sounds like the usual disappointing performance and result. However, the main thing is that we’ve got through which I think we deserved over the course of both legs. The job was done in the home tie.

Now we can focus on the league. We really need to hope that at least one of Carlos and Rekik is available in defence to pair alongside Gudelj I would suspect. Otherwise it could be a very difficult Sunday for us!

I know we’ve got a good home record and we do seem to generally play well in the big derby games, but we’re depleted and out of form while :poop: are playing some great football. So I’m not very confident but let’s hope we can at least get a draw!

2 Likes

:poop: saved by var and didn’t play well today either