Europa League Mini Tournament 2020

Fonseca has adapted this Roma to play in different ways, so I’m thinking it’ll be a cagey match. That 3-4-2-1 he plays can switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Kolarov able to run down that left side occasionally. Veretout is the type of CM that covers the whole pitch and will be a good matchup for our midfield. I’m a big fan of Pellegrini, so it’s a plus for us that he’ll be missing.

My eyes will be locked on that Diego Carlos vs Dzeko matchup. I respect the hell out of Edin’s game, but we have a Hulk! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Looking forward to this. We can just have a a free swing at this competition now that we achieved our main objective. Roma are playing decent and will be tricky. However, we been in a rich vein of form and if we maintain it I’m confident we will beat Roma. We have a strong squad and would be nice to have another deep run in our favourite competition.

I agree that we should not make new signings or sell players until europa is over. This will help keep the team focused on the competition ahead. It’s been a weird season with the way it’s panned out and with everything going on with coronavirus, etc. After europa it won’t be long before the new season is back. It’s all coming quick now but I have faith in the squad.

Vamos Sevilla!

3 Likes

Roma not having Smalling will be a huge loss. Anyone who watched Man Utd over the years would laugh at that statement. But for Roma he has been top quality. So good in fact that even Inter and Juventus want him now :man_shrugging:

Without smalling keeping that defence together, if we play speed up front. We will be slight favourites in my eyes. One tough game to call mind.

I know they probably won’t. But I don’t know if its because I really want them too, or have a weird gut feeling they could cause an upset after being quite poor recently. But getafe might actually beat inter :thinking:

1 Like

Fixed. :smile:

1 Like

Would take Smalling at Inter over Godin to be fair. At least Smalling is a bit more mobile.

The best of ones are dangerous but I’ll go with a 3-0 for Inter. Their team man, Getafe Will be outclassed everywhere.

1 Like

Lukaku and Lautaro with Barella behind. :raised_hands:t3:

I tuned in a bit to watch Ifran Can Kahveci and the turkish champion, Kopenhagen punished them quite hard. Nothing special to be said. Also Shakthar shows how to score goals in the latest few minutes lol, confirming their next round placement.

2 Likes

Başakşehir got so carried away after winning the league that they have not prepared enough for such an important match. They were clueless on the pitch.
What is worst is that our Turkish teams have failed to collect enough points throughout this season in all Europe, which will probably cost us the right to participate in CL directly. Turkish League champions will most probably play in the last qualification round in order the gain entry at CL arena starting 2021-2022.

1 Like

Molina… what a shame. One of the worst penalty shots I’ve ever seen. Getafe deserved the extra time at least.

2 Likes

Apparently Inter was very tired according to Conte. Getafe started well but handanovic and def saved it at the start, after which Getafe lost the freshness advantage and inter grew a bit into the game without doing much, Lukaku’s strong run and deadly finish turned the tides. The penalty could have brought it back but didn’t happen and they got punished as well. Credits for their effort indeed.

2 Likes

This is the worst penalty ever. My mate (Celta fan for his sins) and I still talk about this, to this day. I’m still convinced he missed on purpose, what he did there shouldn’t even be possible.

1 Like

Hopefully this: Siviglia Roma 2-1 | Highlights - YouTube

and not this: - YouTube

tonight…

1 Like

Looks like took the whole penalty spot with him xd

2 Likes

Apart of that stupidly conceded goal, Olympiacos were the better side imo and Wolves look very very beatable. If we play anywhere near tonight’s level, we’ll advance to semis (of course we’d need a bit of luck as well).

4 Likes

I watched some of the interviews of the players and The bonding in the team seems quite strong, reguilon, kounde and youssef all praising the atmosphere. Naturally in a winning team, the mood is good. But the collectivity and teamwork in game as aswell as out of it is great stuff. Also Sergi Gómez ecstatic celebration made me glad, what a team player he is.

4 Likes

Nuno Espirito Santo probably remembers the loss from Sevilla (1-0 away when he managed Valencia in November 2015) which led to his sacking that night.

2 Likes

Wow, i totally forgot he was at Valencia!

2 Likes

A bit like I forgot he played for Deportivo, Merida and Osasuna. AND was in the Portugal Euro 2008 Squad!

1 Like

Pretty much me waiting for the next Sevilla game.

tenor (7)

5 Likes