Diego Alonso Out - Quique Sanchez Flores In

2 Likes

As I mentioned when Mendi was fired, I’ve had a long-time wish for Kike Sánchez Flores to come to the RSP. I’m not going to suggest I picture a perfect turnaround by Jan 1, but I’ve always really appreciated his style, the way he talks about football, his sense of humor.

Optimistic that this assignment works out better than some of his recent ones.

Sort of sad we didn’t get Caparrós again, but if you are always tapping into that magic stockpile, at some point it stops working.

4 Likes

Still not official?

Waiting for a Javi Gracia plot twist…

1 Like

This looks nice. Shows that he prepares the matches well and analyses the opponent. The rest is history…

3 Likes

Orta not happy. He still wants Javi Gracia. God help us.

1 Like

Quique has joined the Circus in Sevilla Fc! Welcome Quique and good luck :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/Orgullo_Nervion/status/1736734482751803503

2 Likes

Won’t believe it until it’s official, signed and sealed

1 Like

Somebody trying to tell him something? :grin: :grin:

1 Like

It’s been announced now. Quique Sanchez Flores is the new boss.

I’m not really sure what to make of it, he has his work cut out before tomorrow’s game against Granada.

Bienvenido Mister!

4 Likes

mixed opinions but an experienced coach who can carry us through the rest of the season and maybe beyond…?

3 Likes

Finally!

2 Likes

A former winner of trophies too. He has lots of experience and his old school ways, tactics and ways to motivate the players hopefully can work. He’s also got experience managing clubs in relegation battles too.

We certainly could have did worse. I’m hoping he can steady the ship and stop it sinking. Vamos mi Sevilla!

5 Likes

Best of luck to him.

Hope it works out!

2 Likes

I don’t mind QSF, in fact I wanted him before we appointed Alonso, a team in need of change and a manager looking to prove himself again.

2 Likes

Anyone can brief us on his preferred play style?

1 Like

4 Likes

Ive watched his coaches voice masterclass video and he seems like an intelligent coach. his playstyle depends on how much estimated posession he will have in the game and he seems to set his teams up with their strengths and weaknesses in mind.

this seems very basic but its a lot more planned out than what diego alonso had us doing

2 Likes

its hard to tell how he’ll play with our squad, we’ll have to see tmrw

2 Likes

Here’s the very belatedly updated chart. We’re actually not far off last year at this point.

8 Likes

A lost opportunity in Valencia brings an end to our winning streak. We managed to leave with a point, but this might be one of the games we look back on bitterly at the end of the season.

4 Likes