Diego Alonso Out - Quique Sanchez Flores In

Diego Alonso has been sacked after the 0 - 3 loss to Getafe. shambles lmao
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1736117535810912534?t=wb1gA8v_sU9dC8DUx58dLA&s=19

Quique Sanchez Flores seems to be the top in the running for becoming our new manager
https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1736332911727858136?t=uDsEbgeKAyD4yaYWOOGJFQ&s=19

2 Likes

It was bound to happen. God knows who we get now though.

2 Likes

I would like to congratulate the winners !

5 Likes

“leaves for a better club”
I doubt he’ll be managing anywhere anytime soon

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to say I’m not exactly shocked.

We went from being a bit more solid but not creating much when he came (effectively playing for draws), to suddenly still not being able to score, and now haemorrhaging goals too. The team is a mess and not entirely Alonso’s fault, but he hasn’t exactly done anything to arrest the slide with an appalling set of results, with his only two wins coming against teams my Sunday League team could probably beat.

6 Likes

Agree with Jim. It might not be his fault, but his failure to improve the team that he inherited was all too obvious.

Don’t really know where the team goes now, hopefully not down, but it doesn’t seem unlikely either at this point. I feel like the squad needs another Mendilibar, someone old school or just less willing to suffer poor attitudes and efforts in training, on the pitch and in press conferences.

Given the injury crisis, I wonder whether the medical team also needs an overhaul, but again they were changed after the last spree of injuries under Lopetegui I believe?

I bet Castro wishes he’d accepted whatever offers he previously had for shirt sponsorships, don’t think many better offers are coming before the end of the season…

4 Likes

Hello Joaquin can you call us as soon as you get this message please?!

Got this horrible unsettling feeling though that the blinky one may make a return, especially as we are still probably paying off his contract anyway.

1 Like

Julen Lopetegui Coach GIF by ElevenSportsBE

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve even had this horrible of a run in football manager. Alonso should scum save.

2 Likes

And I hope they look outside the box, get the Girona number 2 coach, maybe Mono Burgos. That’s the extent of my coach knowledge.

3 Likes

I’m hearing rumours of Quique Sánchez Flores …

1 Like

I can’t imagine Lopetegui coming back without a substantial budget for the January window. To be fair, I don’t know how of many coaches would come in without a few financial guarantees.

2 Likes

Who we were linked to when we got Alonso. :roll_eyes: Better late than never I suppose.

Time to bring in Ted Lasso.

4 Likes

Time for Big Sam.

Whichever Hail Mary we throw, let’s hope it lands in safe hands

4 Likes

big sam at sevilla would he the biggest shithouse appointment in the world lmao

2 Likes

Advanced talks with Quique Sanchez Flores according to some reports.

Not sure how I feel about that. He’s not lasted that long at nearly any club he’s been that. He started with promise but has become a bit of a washed manager in last few years.

We will see as it could be wrong.

2 Likes

Rudi Garcia and Diego Lopez also in the running.

3 Likes

Diego Lopez the ex Villarreal goalie? Wtf?

Rudi Garcia at least has some legacy in France. He’d be a good addition I believe.

Quique Flores… just another brick in the wall.

1 Like

rudi garcia has been at the high level as recent as napoli. very successful in france and during his time in saudi arabia as well. i feel like he’d at least have an idea as to what needs to be done with our squad more than other candidates

2 Likes