Diego Alonso Out - Quique Sanchez Flores In

https://twitter.com/Orgullo_Nervion/status/1736295102597796046

Quique it is by the looks of it.

1 Like

I guess the positives if itā€™s Quique Flores is he knows the league very well and has experience. In his early days and even middle career he was okay.

However, heā€™s really fallen off last few years and his stock fallen. At this point considering the state of our club itā€™s all we can really go for.

1 Like

I am indifferent to the next trainer, wish him best of luck. But as long as the next contract is short term, not more than finish this year and weā€™ll see in summer and rebuild seriously.

3 Likes

Another Uruguayan.

I would put Ramos & Navas in charge until the end of the season.

8 Likes

Our best results have come with Ramos off the field. Iā€™d ship him far away from the club.

1 Like

It could also be Javi Gracia. Who Orta had at Leeds when they got relegated if the Quique Sanchez Flores agreement doesnā€™t happen.

1 Like

Trouble is with Jesus Navas out (and Raki next game) we have literally no leaders on the Pitch.

2 Likes

Quique SƔnchez Flores Has been announced as a new coach. I guess he gets his turn at the wheel.

A quick search on Wikipedia shows that he has managed a bunch of teams that doesnā€™t stay very long. Probably does not bode well for a future.

4 Likes

I do love his name though and his humour in press conferences can be funny.

In his early to middle management days he did decent. The last few years havenā€™t looked good though.

We will have to see. Itā€™s probably the best coach we can get right now considering the sad state we in. Letā€™s see! Vamos Quique! Vamos mi sevilla!

3 Likes

Welcome Quique, heā€™s a familiar one indeed and it should help with clicking with the team. Goodluck.

We put ourselves in a situation where our choice of manager isnā€™t as open as you wish for anyway. And you would think things canā€™t go much worse than how they went the last couple of months.

2 Likes

i canā€™t find where hes been announced but i cant say im excited lmao

1 Like

Heā€™s got experience and been round the block. Thatā€™s the positive. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s got it now but maybe he can give us a short-term boost to get us away from relegation trouble. Time will tell.

2 Likes

I got it from the Guardians of Nervion group. Might be a tad premature

1 Like

Maybe that is a good thing haha.

At least QSF won something with Atletico and Benfica and is not an unknown name in football.

I still think heā€™s not the one for a long term Sevilla FC project, initial thinking that is. However, he can surprise us for the good. He has played variances of 5-3-2 recently so letā€™s see what that brings to the table.

VAMOS!

4 Likes

This wouldā€™ve been one of the worst choices there is.

1 Like

I totally agree. Iā€™m at least counting our blessings we avoided that bullet. If Orta had his way he probably would have got appointed. Thankfully the board didnā€™t listen to him here. It was reported he was pushing for us to sign him.

Quique is a rocky appointment at best but Iā€™d take him any day of the man that failed at Leeds in spectacular fashion with Orta! lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving the new Avatar mate. Quique has experience, different formations, old school presence to put a rocket up these players arses, cool name and great facial haha. Letā€™s back the man and see! Vamos!

2 Likes

I see Quique as a Mendi type appointment. Experienced and old school and knows the league and can hopefully steady the ship in the short term before we rebuild fully in the summer.

Probably about as a good as what we can get right now in our situation. Managers arenā€™t going to be queueing up with the mess weā€™re in and having gone through four since the start of last season.

Good luck to him and Vamos!

6 Likes