Copa del Rey - R64 - CE Andratx vs Sevilla FC [21/22]

A total 7 cantera players join the first team for our 2nd Copa Del Rey tie away in Mallorca, against 4th division side CE Andratx. Despite being suspended for the next league match, Fernando wasn’t selected, as well as Ocampos, along with the myriad of attackers & fullbacks on the injury list. Will Lopetegui give the fringe players a 2nd chance?

#VamosMiSevilla
#APorLaCopa
#GiveZarzanaSomePlayingTime

5 Likes

A few upsets today, so I hope the boys are focused tomorrow.

2 Likes

I wonder if Javi Diaz and Adrian Gonzalez are being held back to do specific work with SAT given Alberto Flores is the third keeper to travel with the team for this game, who is effectively sixth choice goalkeeper at the club. :sweat_smile:

Been absolutely zero news on what has happened to Alfonso Pastor, just seems to have not played the last three games and not been in any first team squads.

1 Like

I expect for two of those youngsters to start, probably Ivan Romero and maybe Juanlu. I can´t imagine Lope not holding any main squad players behind for when we need a rescue plan like against Cordoba. Those Andratx lads in cup games will play the game of their lifetime, our job to beat them professionally.

I can´t remember a fun cup game/performance of recent years. And I don´t expect it here either, still only important thing is not get kicked out by a fourth divisioner, and if we do it´s always deserved.

2 Likes

I hope he starts a bunch of youngsters.

3 Likes

I do agree, Put in 5-6, it should be around Sevilla Atletico level. Then if the youngsters can’t break through. its a save bet to outclass them after 70 minute bringing Idrissi or Papu at those times, when Andratx will have some more sour legs. The real conditional and professional gap always starts showing more towards the end. And who knows we might even be ahead when Ivan Romero puts one in tonight, I have a feeling.

2 Likes

Wellp. Lope going almost full A team. Only Juanlu from those seven. Better show it on the pitch boys. Not too much resting and rotations. Showing up seriously tonight.

Dare I say we win 5-0. Rafa Mir with the hattrick and Idrissi and Rakitic chipping in as well.

2 Likes

Think he wants to get the job done first then we’ll see some youngsters

3 Likes

Pretty good line up for today, I expeted more youngsters. So we should win this match in the first half and then rest some attacking players.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s the ultra safe bet. Bit of an extreme in my opinion, if there is a moment to give a bit more rest, its here. But it’s still fine, Lope really showing we mean business and it should do the job. Better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

I love the fact the little graphic above they haven’t even got Juanlu in a first team shirt. :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree with this strategy. Try to get it won early and get the tie done. Then for the 2nd half he can bring more youngsters on to give them more experience.

Vamos sevilla!

2 Likes

Gudelj at CB though. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

I hate these multi purpose sports pitches with lines all over the place, I find it confusing at times.

BTW for those not watching we could easily been 1-0 down just now from a corner, we have been no threat to them at all so far

3 Likes

Not looking great finally speeding it up a bit.

2 Likes

That was a dangerous corner. Dmitrovic punched the ball away and it nearly deflected off of Andratx players face into the goal. Way too close.

3 Likes

God this angle and pitch makes it hard to watch

2 Likes

85% poss by Sevilla. Most of it sideways. This is worse than the Cordoba game.

2 Likes

What the @%!^, Ziggo Sport is airing a docu about Rakitic returning to Sevilla instead of the Sevilla game

Should be 1-0 for the home team. Missed a great chance.

Sevilla look worse than the pitch.

1 Like