Copa del Rey - R64 - CE Andratx vs Sevilla FC [21/22]

They certainly look more like scoring than us .

Why does the 2nd best team in Spain, known for playing possession-based football, have such trouble making it in the final third of an opposing team?

I had faith with this midfield, but it’s still the same old drab stuff. Jordan is at least trying to find some players thru the middle, Oliver is in and out, and Rakitic, well…

Similar to our opponents, our only chances are coming from crosses/set-pieces. Playing like a bottom-half side again.

1 Like

Not sure what I’m finding worse, our performance, the pitch or the camera angle. CE Andratx have had the better chances and should be winning.

My local leisure centre’s astro turf is better than that pitch. Awful. Hard to watch this for quite a few reasons.

2 Likes

Guess independent on level difference it would be a surprise if we started creating good chances. You can’t know what to do, when your not learned what to do.

I want to see Ivan and Zarzana

1 Like

Lack of confidence, Lack to play for a risk and not knowing how to combine together comes to mind.

3 Likes

I’m still confident we will win this but got to do more with the possession. We dominated the ball but we got to move it quicker and do more to hurt the opponent. Big 45 mins ahead for the team because we don’t want extra time again before the 2 big league games upcoming.

3 Likes

It’s crazy that it’s so rare for a player to dare to shrug of their direct opponent, Let alone as a team. Our possession in time in the centre is what I’m curious for. In high pressure situations nobody seems to be able to handle it except passing it wide to relieve the pressure again.

1 Like

Best chance yet

Exactly general possession is such none saying stat, wondering how we do in relevant possesion. When the wingbacks are in the final third or we get a set piece thats basically our final 3rd possession.

1 Like

Mir!!!

1 Like

First combination with some luck through the centre, and direct goal. Great stuff Mir.

1 Like

Vamos! Nice one Rafa!

Their goalkeeper didn’t seem accustomed to such powerful shots and made a meal of it, Rafa, 0-1.

3 Likes

Go Rafa! Nice turn and finish.

2 Likes

Lope has his favourite scoreline again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I think that’s a big one in Lower division in general. But when you give them too much respect same as their defenders, you won’t find out.

1 Like

Missed it live, had to have a pee lol. Just seen the replay good strike by Rafa.

3 Likes

Missed it live

That’s one of the worst things that can happen to you when you’re watching Lope

2 Likes

I’m starting to think Mir is doing well overall considering he has the responsibility of being main striker and up on his own. His goal scoring rate is decent and he does work hard for the team and hold the ball up well!

He doesn’t have the lightning pace but he will benefit even more with either YEN back or another good striker to help him out and take the load off him.