Copa Del Rey 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Getafe

Event Date/Time -

1 Like

Getafe had a 10 day break leading up to this game. You can toss a coin on it, how it turns out but our game intensity is definitely higher, getting in the rhythm of playing many games helps and hardens us a lot, that is if you take good care of the recovery process. Besides centre backs, Pedrosa and Juanlu are fairly rested, our midfield and attack have been rotating. I don’t think it should be a problem and we might profit from the flow of games.

Whatever the situation is Getafe is always a rough battle, its our last chance to go for something special this season and I hope we make that count.

5 Likes

Do we actually know what is up with Nyland by the way?

Looking at the Squad now almost everyone is back bar YEN and him.

Given we likely won’t Win the weekend anyway I would go for this lineup tomorrow…

Dmitrovic

Jesus Navas
Sergio Ramos
Bade
Pedrosa

Suso
Oliver Torres
Soumare
Ocampos

Isaac
Rafa Mir

Subs:
Alberto Flores
Juanlu
Marcão
Kike Salas
Nianzou
Manu Bueno
Agoume
Rakitic
Sow
Mejibri
Isra Dominguez
Mariano Diaz

1 Like

Just watched the press conference from Quique, talking a fair bit about motivation will be a big reason of who will play. And if he looks for a certain profile of player that he wants to add this January he states, A player that’s motivated :joy: Not sure who he’s dissing here, but we might have some ideas. And its definitely related to why Isaac is promoted, because if that guy is one thing, its motivated. And same as the other youngsters we just acquired. Same thing that Fernando was complaining about, the lack of will or motivation to win in the club currently, its just problematic.

5 Likes

Missing tomorrow: Rafa Mir, Nyland, Acuña, Gudelj, Lukebakio, Kike Salas, Hannibal

Lamela back in the squad

4 Likes

Looks like :smiling_imp: makes it for the game.

2 Likes

He is a tough one to get rid of

1 Like

:smiling_imp: Hat trick tonight I can feel it.

3 Likes

I’d play Marcão instead of Ramos and I’m with you.

Our only chance of silverware and success this season and a potential route into Europe so we should go as strong as possible.

Getafe are always tough and we don’t have the best record so expecting a close game.

Fingers crossed we can do it!

4 Likes

How about a bold prediction. :smiling_imp: and Mariano both get hat tricks tonight after being subbed on after the 60th minute. Golazo after golazo

2 Likes

I actually had Marcão in the team then changed it, I just cannot see us playing him game after game with his injury record.

4 Likes

Fair point.

Is this game on any UK channels? I’ve seen something about TNT showing Copa games and ESPN.

1 Like

I know it’s on ESPN+ in the states

2 Likes

Would anyone want to watch this one together?

1 Like

Viaplay Sports 1 apparently.

1 Like

https://x.com/borjaperezp/status/1747258362771972528?s=20 :smiling_imp: hat trick confirmed

2 Likes

Like I said he might not be a fan favourite but at least he seems to give a shit and willing to fight for the team.

2 Likes

Now’s his time to prove it instead of talking about it.

2 Likes

Be nice if got a chance to be honest.