Copa Del Rey [21-22] - M1 - Córdoba CF vs Sevilla FC

If you are Lopetegui, what do you tell the team here? You freaking suck, do better?

WTH is their mascot? A lizard gator?

1 Like

About time… Ocampos scores.

3 Likes

I know i suck as a coach, but trust me on this one. Just give the ball to Papu.

2 Likes

Lucas - finally! Long ball @TimSpence2 !

3 Likes

Weeeey!

2 Likes

Who was it last season we played and struggled to a late 1-0 win in the Copa?

1 Like

Against Leganes. Winning goal also scored by Ocampos.

3 Likes

Lopetegui 1-0 masterclass folks! :wink:

3 Likes

Leganes 96th minute winner by no other than…Ocampos

4 Likes

That’s the one.

1 Like

We are through! Job done! Vamos!

2 Likes

We put significant pressure on them towards end of 2nd half and extra time and it paid off in the end. The more senior players and A team players coming on helped us have that big extra. Banana skin avoided as these matches are always tricky with busy schedule.

1 Like

Yea it’s a cup match, yea it’s an Andalusian derby… but i’m not buying it. You’d expect the fringe players to be ready for this one. Still toothless in the final third.

4 Likes

A game that was setup for some domination, but our tactics couldn’t break down their press.

1 Like

Felt quite bad to take it in the extra time, against this Cordoba side who fought well but the longer it went the more they struggled naturally a huge gap in intensity and level but as expected we do not show that in many ways. I think when Jordan came on there were cleaner patterns in the build up. Which before that we were really bad. After that all the subs raising the level more, papu, ocampos but it wasn’t pretty.

Anyways on to the next round. See how we make a struggle out of that one too.

Internet in the stadium wasn’t great, I tried to send some photos but seems to give an error converting the files. I’ll try later on my laptop.

3 Likes

I couldn’t watch the game as I was in school, but I couldn’t help but check the score several times, and I remember how frustrated I was, seeing it 0-0 after 90 minutes. It’s embarrassing really. A team of our quality should annihilate teams like this. No disrespect to Cordoba, but they’re in the fourth division. The fourth division. It is pathetic how we struggle to beat a team a division lower than Sevilla Atletico .

Sure, a wins a win, but that’s just pathetic

3 Likes

Probably the most concise quote in football history, a killer. :rofl:

When the goal came Ocampos had a minor non-celebration and when approached by Munir, the look on his face was ‘WTF are we playing at’.

Yeah well, that’s what we were wondering too.

6 Likes

As I pointed out last night, Sevilla Atlético beat Cordoba Home & Away last season too. :eyes:

3 Likes

We’ve drawn Andratx in the next round, never heard of them, they’re in the Balearic Islands, Mallorca to be precise.

5 Likes

They beat Real Oviedo, which was probably the biggest upset so far in the Copa del Rey.

3 Likes