Copa Del Rey [21-22] - M1 - Córdoba CF vs Sevilla FC

COPA DEL REY
Córdoba CF v Sevilla FC
First Round
Single Elimination
Wednesday: December 01, 2021
1PM Eastern/7PM Sevilla
Stadium: Estadio Nuevo El Arcángel

The quest for a trophy that has eluded Sevilla FC since the 2009-2010 season begins tomorrow as Sevilla travel the 141km North East to Córdoba. Sevilla last played Córdoba in the 2014/2015 La Liga season and won the home match, 3-0 ( Krychowiak, Bacca, Iborra) and the away match 1-3 (Bacca, M’Bia, Bacca). Córdoba CF are currently sitting top of Group 4 in the RFEF Segunda Division with 10 wins out of 12 matches.

Four academy players make the 23 man list for the game tomorrow. Valentino, Juan Maria, Nacho Quintana and Ivan Romero.

Córdoba CF will honor José Reyes at the game in the 9th minute and at half time. Reyes played 17 games in 2018 with Córdoba after finishing his first division career with Espanyol.

Our good guy Jules has been busy on Twitter taking care of some fans:
https://twitter.com/jkeey4/status/1465747525361618952?s=20

7 Likes

I hope we take this whole thing serious. I may be in the minority, and I know we got Europe and the league to contend with, but I love cups and hope we really put a push on this.

5 Likes

I agree Ryan. Winning the Cup is still something we should be aiming for.

2 Likes

Valentino Fattore and Ivan Romero I get as we are short of a RB and Striker, but Nacho Quintana (a CM) and Juan Maria (LB) are slightly odd choices given we have 3 LBs in the squad and about 700 CMs already.

2 Likes

I got my tickets, will be my fourth game watching Sevilla live in a stadium, after Leganes, Bayern Munich, Valencia time for some Copa del Rey. Seen some fans gathering in the City. Will give an update in the stadium :wink:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see some photos!

2 Likes

Sensible line up considering the important games to come in the next few weeks, with plenty of big guns on the bench if needed.

5 Likes

I saw all those big scores yesterday by Granada and Villarreal and I got to thinking … and that’s as far as I got. Still hoping though.

That’s a very strong bench, over €200m in value.

2 Likes

Just some student group who had a big sign of their university that if Cordoba would win, their professor would approve them lmao.

2 Likes

On a good beginning of our campaign in the Copa.
Vamoos mi Sevilla!

2 Likes

Where’s Oscar hiding? Not seen him touch the ball yet.

2 Likes

Poor play by Sevilla in first 20 minutes. Can’t string 3 passes together.

2 Likes

1st shot on 26mins

3 Likes

Really terrible play here in the first 25. Cordoba pressing high.

Idrissi with a nice shot on goal there.

2 Likes

Nothing good to say so far, total lack of understanding between the players.

1 Like

best chance there on a free kick. Munir with the header - 42nd

1 Like

Oscar has been absolutely terrible.

3 Likes

Oscar Always has been in my opinion.

I missed Jordan coming on for Delany was it an injury?

2 Likes

Plays are getting killed off once they reach the forwards. It looked promising in the first 5-10 minutes, but they can barely reach the final third to save their lives now.

Might as well go long and press them in their half.

1 Like