Copa de Rey - R32 - Real Zaragoza v Sevilla FC [21/22]

I was worried he was going to end up rugby tackling the Zaragoza player.

1 Like

Great sliding block from Papu

2 Likes

Why complain about the ref blowing the whistle, honestly its not like our counters have potential xd

3 Likes

Only caught bits of that first half but what a strike from Kounde.

Such a well placed goal. Quality.

Vamos!

2 Likes

We’re playing our usual football, but having a creator in Papu thru the middle is helping us find some calm & variety in our possession. Comfortable enough to have Kounde to get forward and get us a sublime goal in that unique Zaragoza net!

Tie over?

2 Likes

Oscar has been poor. He looks devoid of confidence.

3 Likes

We played well there. A great professional first half performance. We looked solid, good on the ball and created a few chances. We showed good intensity and a fantastic goal by Kounde. It’s gone to plan just need to try get a 2nd in the second half to kill it off. Vamos!

2 Likes

Our main issue that we need to make strides in. Hopefully we take adv of some chances on the counter like against Cadiz.

2 Likes

Not getting any better is he?
Looks nothing like a footballer to me.

2 Likes

I agree. The most difficult thing we found is getting the 2nd or 3rd goal to kill off games. It’s the only thing holding us back a bit but hopefully we can improve that in this match and 2nd half of season. Hopefully getting more players back and signing a couple will help us be better offensively and more ruthless.

3 Likes

Out of interest, I’m no expert when it comes to the second division of Spanish football.

What would you say the standard is compared to say England’s Championship? Zaragoza are down near the bottom of the table I see.

I thought they played okay although we were comfortable enough and controlled the half.

4 Likes

Very similar to Championship I would say. Top teams probably on a par. Lower teams probably a bit weaker.

2 Likes

Probably a bit lower in general although some of the top should be able to compete. Although I think in their League Zaragoza are doing worst then what they are aiming at.
But its also just my guess. More championship players could get along well in PL individually I think, where the step for a 2 liga player is quite big.

3 Likes

Thanks @Enrico and @SurreySevilla. As I expected. So better than Sutton then haha.

Let’s get that second goal!

3 Likes

I remember their first attack in the first half, they were almost taking a piss at us, combining in tight areas like its nothing. But luckily it remained only that one.

1 Like

Oh Oscar stand up. :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

that about sums it up…

2 Likes

Did they coat the pitch with Vaseline at half time?!

1 Like

Ivan has been frustrating for me, he gets into some good positions, receives the ball but then the slightest
nudge sends him sprawling, he needs to work on his strength.

3 Likes

Pretty much what I have said… Nowhere near ready for the first team. Needs a loan to Segunda next season.

1 Like