Club Friendly: Sevilla FC vs Paris St-Germain [21-22]

I had to skip out there around the 30 minute mark so no clue what happened.

Dreadful first 20-25 minutes. Oscar didn’t really know where to position himself to help the midfield, but at the same time, we were out of sorts at the back. How does Jose Angel, a RB, look the most secure in that back 3? Whatever.

It got going around 30min, we finally started using our playmakers in Suso & Oscar. Jordan went off with a knock, and in came Pedro Ortiz, who’s been decent this pre-season. He played the vital pass to send YEN thru 1v1 against Navas, and won the pen. As long as Rakitic takes those, I’ll be satisfied.

1 Like

Blonde Curly hair is a dutch player named after Xavi Hernandez.

1 Like

Hakimi on the right passing it deep softly, crossed infront and 1-1 it is.

1 Like

OUT: Gudelj, En-Nesyri
IN: Pablo Perez, Munir

Current Lineup:

Bounou
Jose Angel - Rekik - Perez
Navas - Pedro Ortiz - Rakitic - Ocampos
Suso - Oscar
Munir

1 Like

3-4-1-2 crap is not working. Ocampos having to cover for Hakimi advancing on the wing all the time…

2 Likes

yeah left wing offensively is dead.

I said it before but Suso looks really out of it.

How are we playing? Specifically the young lads?

Jose Angel looked best, Pablo Perez been making many unforced errors. Pedro Ortiz normal. Lost some balls, but in possesion not terrible.

2 Likes

Good goal tho, Oscar to Ocampos driving in, laying back to Oscar who curls it in the far corner 2-1.

2 Likes

Jose Angel came out of nowhere. I still think Valentino is the better player mind you.

1 Like

I swear play Oscar 40 games a season and he scores 10.

3 Likes

Oscar was criminally under used last season I will stand by that comment.

3 Likes

We’re known to concede silly goals, but that was probably the silliest goal that we conceded… at least since 2005 or so.

1 Like

Jose Angel & Pedro Ortiz not dealing with the ball, and the lead was lost. They were having a great game until then.

I appreciated the extended run-out for Oscar, didn’t just get the 45min. It speaks volumes. With more playing time, we’ll see some more magic from him like that golazo.

3 Likes

July 31st vs Roma (Portugal)
Aug. 1st vs Portimonense (Portugal)
Aug. 7th at Aston Villa (Villa Park)

4 Likes

So when does the other first teamers get back? Papu, Acuna, De Jong?

2 Likes

De Jong is back and with the squad. He might be training separately, after his injury with the NT. Also, because of his pending transfer, it’s likely we wasn’t to be risked today.

Same with Kounde. He’s with the team, but didn’t play because of a slight knock.

3 Likes

Have to say it that Bono is an absolute beast on 1 on 1s… had at least 2 tonight and saved them both. Both goals were not his fault or unlucky, but he’s an absolute beast. It’s been a while since we’ve been 100% set with the goalies. Bono and Dmitrovic, one world class (or at least very very close) and the other above average - awesome!

3 Likes