Champions League Draw 2020/21

Already started, we are Group E and so far have had Chelsea drawn with us. Tough games, but certainly winnable in my opinion. Let’s see who else we get. :v:t3:

2 Likes

Group A -
Bayern
Atletico
Salzburg
Lokomotiv Moskva

Group B-
Real Madrid
Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter
Monchengladbach

Group C -
Porto
Man City
Olympiacos
Marseille

Group D -
Liverpool
Ajax
Atalanta
Midtjylland

Group E -
Sevilla
Chelsea
Krasnodar
Rennes

Group F -
Zenit
Dortmund
Lazio
Club Brugge

Group G -
Juventus
Barcelona
Dynamo Kyiv
Ferencvaros

Group H -
PSG
Man United
RB Leipzig
Istanbul Basaksehir

1 Like

Krasnodar next.

The Chelsea supporters on Twitter are absolutely embarrassing already, apparently they will piss past us. :joy: Fucking idiots.

4 Likes

There’s some right nasty teams we could get out of pot 4, bugger me! :flushed:

2 Likes

Stade Rennais the last team in our group.

:es:Sevilla FC
:uk:Chelsea FC
:ru:FC Krasnodar
:fr:Stade Rennais

3 Likes

That’s a very doable draw for El Sevilla. The only problem is the season’s going to be games galore, I hope we have the depth.

4 Likes

No real group of death that I can tell. Maybe Group H?

1 Like

Good draw. With all due respect to the other teams, and the fact is that every team at this stage of the CL can beat you in a particular day - it’s still quite a passable group.

3 Likes

I think we have one of the most winnable groups actually. Im liking the draw a lot.

3 Likes

Agreed @ShendM. Looking forward to the Chelsea games. They’re still a work in progress, so who knows if they’ll have that defence sorted by that time. Krasnodar gave us trouble during that Machín season, but we’re a completely different team now. And Rennes might not have enough firepower, but they’re still solid as Nzonzi & Camavinga is an incredible midfield.

I’d say Group B, cause i always doubt Conte in Europe. Surely he has no excuse now.

2 Likes

Happy with that group. We should qualify from the group in at least 2nd place. We might win it as Chelsea are still a working progress under lampard.

Put some effort to get 3 win against Krasnodar & Rennes.
For Chelsea matches, just avoid humiliation would be alright.

1 Like

We could beat Chelsea. Don’t let all that money spent fool you.

3 Likes

I mean, the matches again Chelsea ain’t that important, if we manage to get 10 or 12 points again Krasnodar and Renneis we can even use 11 backup as starting against Chelsea to save some energy.

I agree on Group B, open group that could surprise. I like C as well, and Ajax his group is interesting to, Midjtylland has been playing surprisingly decent football to got too this point. But probably Ajax and Atlanta fighting for 2nd.

Group D should produce some fun games.

3 Likes

Chelsea swarmed Crystal Palace 4-0 though only 1 goal should have been completely legit, the other 2 were penalties and the last one icing on the cake. The Premier league has tightened up on handballs in the box this season leading to a ridiculous amount of penalty calls, should be less stringent in the CL but still something to be wary of.

Took a look at Rennes and they may not be the walk in the park many expect them to be. They have decent talent and have added to their ranks in this transfer window.

I’m guessing most would have heard of Eduardo Camavinga, guy is the next all-action midfielder to emerge from France’s ridiculous talent factory, think of him as a focused and assertive Pogba with better professionalism. Partnering him is former Sevillasta N’zonzi, so their midfield is pretty hard to crack.

Up front they have M’baye Niang who shot to fame at 18 and is just 25 now, he will be partnered by Serhou Guirassy who has started the season in top form with a goal each game, Martin Terrier has also joined from Lyon and is a tricky winger with pace on the left. Their defense is less well known and have lost their starting no.1 Edouard Mendy to Chelsea, they have signed Rugani on loan from Juventus though, why weren’t we in for that? :thinking: anyway, the two games against them will be anything but straightforward and they could even cause problems for Chelsea.

A top 2 finish should be the main objective or else its the Europa again.

4 Likes

Two former Sevilla players score for Lazio today. Correa and Immobile get on the board.

1 Like

Such a shame Immobile didn’t work out here.

Could have. Didn’t get much of a shot.

1 Like