CDR - UD Almeria v Sevilla FC [20/21]

Waiting for Shend to come on and blame Rekik for something now. :laughing:

4 Likes

Well Rekik was a bit average, just a couple of small errors but not very inspiring. On the other hand, Koundé was gigantic.

2 Likes

If we draw Barça I think we will find the punishment for having these wings.

1 Like

We deserved the semis. Our second half performance was much better than the first and we dominated throughout the match.

Papu - not a bad debut, he will take time to adapt as he played a central role in Atalanta, and he was leaning towards the AMF role tonight as well at times. He is good in overall.

Vidal - Hopefully we won’t jinx it, but he’s playing really well and we almost do not feel the absence of Navas with him on the pitch.

Suso is on monster form, I hope he keeps it up - that was an amazing cross to Ocampos who scored and gave a dejavu feeling of his goal against Wolves, only that time the one who crossed was Banega.

Munir is not on form lately and now with Papu here he will get less and less minutes, unless Lope makes room for him in a striker role somehow. He shouldn’t have missed that amazing mini-cross from Suso, that was a pitiful miss.

On to the semis!

5 Likes

Kounde only had one mistake where he couldn’t contain Umar Sadiq there but DC came to help brilliantly. Then after that he pocketed Sadiq all the time - definitely amazing performance.

5 Likes

Another 1-0 win? A win is a win - I’ll take it

2 Likes

As Tim said, average - I’d say below average in overall. Good in defense but that’s all. We saw how he performed against bigger teams like Chelsea, but he will look terrible against any proper team because he will defend, not agile and quick enough to do so in the LB position on a 4-3-3, but he won’t attack, just like he didn’t do it today. Countless of chances to link up with Papu but none used, because his mind is not used to attacking, only defending. It is a failed experiment of Lope to try him at LB but it will work when we can beat teams with 1 fully functioning wing only (winger and full back).

3 Likes

Is it a failure if we win and keep a clean sheet?

2 Likes

He also got forward and put in a fair few crosses in the first half. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say a failure. But we should do better.

3 Likes

I’d say the same. It’s a fine line sometimes.

3 Likes

Totally depends on who we play against. Tonight we could’ve fielded any of our players that can defend at LB and we’d still have a clean sheet. We could have Gnagnon, Sergi Gomez, Fernando, Gudelj there and the same would happen.

1 Like

A club like ours shouldn’t be happy with that, that would be a mid-table club mentality - to be content with a LB that puts in 2 crosses (that do not reach anyone anyway) in the first half. I’m not picking on Rekik, because he is not even a LB to begin with, but experimenting and trying to improvise with that position in the 4-3-3 is always risky. Now of course we can’t do much when there’s no other proper LB available, but that’s why you buy or loan in someone to fix that, especially when you know that 2 of your true LB’s are injured or coming out of nasty injuries of the past.

1 Like

:notes:At Number One is Karim Rekik
At Number Two is Karim Rekik
At Number Three is Karim Rekik
At Number Four is Karim Rekik
At Number Five is Karim Rekik
At Number Six is Karim Rekik
At Number Seven is Karim Rekik
At Number Eight is Karim Rekik
At Number Nine is Karim Rekik
At Number Ten is Karim Rekik
At Number Eleven is Karim Rekik

We all live in a Rekik wonderland, Rekik wonderland, Rekik wonderland!:notes:

4 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

Mendizorrotza is in basque I think

2 Likes

Some analysis from last night for @ShendM

1 Like

Watch the match again man, I’m not convinced. He’s not on the level to play the 4-3-3 successfully as a LB and that’s pretty much a fact.

Almeria was 0 threat last night so you can’t judge any player really with a team that has 0 threat up front.

Show me his stats and imagery vs. Chelsea or whenever he featured vs. serious teams.

Everyone looks good vs. Almeria, besides, he didn’t do anything last night (literally) to be highlighted at the LB position.

1 Like

:fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish: :eyes:

2 Likes