CDR - Linares Deportivo v Sevilla FC [20/21]

Sevilla FC have drawn Linares Deportivo in the next elimination round to be held January 5, 6th or 7th. 2021. Linares Deportivo is in the same group as Sevilla Atletico in Segunda B Group 4B.

They are an Andalucian team founded in 2009 after CD Linares dissolved.

They play at the 10,000 seater Estadio de Linares in the Jaén province.

Linares is the birthplace of Raphael, the famous Spanish singer.

2 Likes

You seen him lately? With all the plastic surgery, he looks like he’s been badly burnt in a fire :grimacing: :grinning:

1 Like

haha that’s horrible. I don’t get why celebs do that. They always end up looking worse.

1 Like

I didn’t realise this game was upon us Tuesday. Surely a chance to rest at least a couple of weary bodies? I would be SHOCKED if Jesus Navas starts this one I have to be honest.

2 Likes

He will not. I bet we see major rotation.

1 Like

Navas, Diego Carlos & Ocampos were left off the squad. A rule suggests only 20 players can be called up against Segunda B sides.

1 Like

Damn it, I was just about to post this haha.

2 Likes

No Carlos Fernandez either. He’s gone.

1 Like

According to Lope he is injured, but I imagine you are probably right he will be sold which is a shame as he has been given very few minutes or a chance in a system that doesn’t suit his style of play.

Instead we will continue to hoof the ball up to de Jong and YEN.

Apart from Javi Diaz, no youth teamers at all this round.

I reckon team will be:

Bono

Aleix VC
Sergi Gomez
Rekik
Acuña

Gudelj
Oscar Rodriguez
Oliver Torres

Suso
De Jong
Idrissi

I’ll see ya and raise you:

Bono
Vidal - Gomez - Gnagnon - Rekik
Fernando
Rak - Oscar
Mudo - DeJong Idrissi

2 Likes

Would love to see this midfield tested out, but there’s no chance he doesn’t play Rakitic.

3 Likes

See I wouldn’t say no chance, purely as we have probably the two most important Liga games in our next two.

1 Like

C.F. is off to la Sociedad apparently.
But whoever plays it will probably not be a pretty spectacle, unless … Lope decides to try some new tactics.
TV is in open broadcast here so should be easy to pick up on internet feeds if you don’t have a channel.

2 Likes

I hope we are quoting a decent fee to a direct League rival.

1 Like

Episode 14 of the podcast was another great, insightful analysis that left no stone unturned, well done you guys @ChrisLail @Edinho .

If I have one complaint, the intro music is too long, or maybe I haven’t got the patience to wait for the chat.

3 Likes

1 Like

Where can I watch this game?

1 Like

2 Likes

Argh beat me to it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ESPN+ here in the US.

3 Likes