CDR - First Round at Velarde

The first round of the Copa Del Rey will take place this coming Sunday, November 13th at 10am Eastern Time - 3PM GMT against sixth tier Velarde CF from Muriedas, Spain. Their stadium is located about 7 kilometers from the Spanish city of Santander in the north of Spain. The stadium seats ~2000 folks.

1 Like

Interesting, I was looking at the roster of Velarde and noticed a logo for a team : Selaya FC with the logo:

2 Likes

That left green white image clashes hard in multiple ways.

2 Likes

This match will have more tickets available for Sevillistas than the Derbi, I suspect…

2 Likes

Really poor color choice, but interesting that they can use it. Sevilla’s shield first debuted in the 1920’s. Selaya was born in the 30’s. I doubt they have any relation with them being in the North of Spain, but maybe?
@Brian @TimSpence2 any idea?

1 Like

Found out there are more.of them around the world
escudos_parecidos_al_del_sevilla_fc_001

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check it out. That Green and White one should be burned immediately.

3 Likes

Thanks for that Brian, that got me really interested in Freiburg, especially since I’ve always felt they are a bit of an odd one, also because of the in first instance to me vulture looking animal which is intriguing by itself, because of their niche and disgusting image but at the same time elegance and beauty as an animal. Especially the bearded vulture to me, which is one heck of an awesome bird to have as your symbol.

It turned out to be a Griffin head also symbolised in their province shield of Baden-Württemberg. I still like the oddness and it’s funny to in someway connect them to Sevilla.

It got me even more deeper, and turns out our 3rd shirt from 2022, Looks (is) exactly similar to the Freiburg third shirt from last year. Oh Nike, putting a lot of effort into making it club specific…

1 Like

Any channel/stream I can watch this game on?

1 Like
1 Like

Can I call this a must win? :smiley:

1 Like

Was not expecting that lineup but vamos!

1 Like

How we doing, folks!? Is everyone else as excited as I am for this game?!

I’m not impressed by the choice of starting 11 or the opening minutes of play. Lamela for Suso, Mir for Nesyri, anyone for Salas and we’d go better.

Where is Papu and Acuña… Oh wait haha.

Oliver seems to be the only one who finds open space.

2 Likes

Suso is a dead end

2 Likes

Suso is awesome. Anyone that buys him in January is getting a steal…please someone buy him.

3 Likes

Getting closer to the goal that will open the door. I’m sure Suso will either score or deliver the pass.

1 Like

Have you ever seen a more one footed player as Suso.

1 Like

Oliver shows Suso how to cross a ball for Nianzou 0-1

5 Likes