CDR - CD Leganés vs Sevilla FC (@ Wanda Metropolitano) [20/21]

This game is another example of why Oliver Torres should be playing more regularly. We need more of those passes played directly forwards. Scrambling the ball around, not taking any risk shouldn’t be the way to go.

4 Likes

Couldn’t watch it but if @TimSpence2 could doze off in the first half it was probably a hell of a bore. Happy Ocampos finally scores in open play, it only took him half the season and in extra time against Leganes to do it. We’d all like it if he finally turns himself on but he’d more likely revert back to his prima donna self of falling down at the slightest wind.

These grind matches would make me think of Mourinho teams where a 1-0 was good enough, I think that is indeed the gameplan but the quality to execute that is lacking, so instead of letting the opposition have the ball we have it instead and recycle it until they fall asleep, a completely new level of tactical ingenuity, or lack of.

4 Likes

I haven’t watch this match but Lope’s team seems like a really good treatment to Insomnia

4 Likes

Valencia next round.

1 Like

We could’ve drawn an easier opponent, but Valencia is beatable.

2 Likes

At the RSP so yes it should be a win as Valencia are really really poor.

1 Like