CDR - CD Leganés vs Sevilla FC (@ Wanda Metropolitano) [20/21]

Omigosh I thought this day would never come. Lucas Ocampos scoring from open play

2 Likes

I remember when they tossed a coin !!!

2 Likes

Hahaha well I mean last year ish, or maybe from a certain point advanced in the cup or to save both teams the effort in concern with the Europa cup. Sometthing like that

2 Likes

Acuna literally dragging Bustinza with him. :joy:

4 Likes

It’s a win. Haha

2 Likes

These games are always a drag, but did we need to go 120 minutes???

1 Like

Because Lega didn’t score first, we felt like we could take our time.

2 Likes

Another match to forget and move on. Next round boys see what we get on the plate.

6 Likes

In a nutshell, explains everthing.

3 Likes

Literally everything, we will win everything if they don’t score first and we get enough time :joy:

3 Likes

It’s good that we went through, but the performance was very dull and boring. I expected more from the B team against Leganes. Ironically A team players had more fight in them when they came on - should’ve been the other way around.

It was obvious that Ocampos made the difference in attack, but it was ‘speed’ in overall that made the difference. With that being said, I still can’t comprehend how De Jong played the full 120 minutes (he should’ve been subbed during the half time break imo) and we didn’t see YEN there. Very bad decision from Lope, which could’ve cost us.

2 Likes

It almost looked like Bustinza was sledding on snow.

1 Like

I am rapidly losing patience with LDJ.
He looks like he’s wearing diving boots when he plays, he is so slow to react, what Monchi saw in him we will never know.
A prime example was the goal, Ocampos shoots and luckily the keeper misses it. But what happens if he managed to get a hand to it? LDJ is standing stock still on the edge of the area when he should have been racing in just in case the ball comes back out. You would never see someone like Benzema
do that.
Then when we break quickly down the wing and our player look to cross where is he? Is he mobile jogging around in the 6yard box anticipating the cross?
No he’s still lumbering up back from the half way line.
Unless the ball is played directly to his foot or head he is never going to touch it. Even then he’s usually standing with his back to goal and by the time he thinks about turning the chance has gone.
The problem is we are stuck with him, no team is going to take him off our hands in this or any future transfer window.

5 Likes

We were even luckier than I thought. Replays clearly show that Leganes should have been awarded a penalty for hand ball by D Carlos.

2 Likes

It is really weird as LdJ looked a totally different player in the Europa League mini tournament. And then even in the UEFA Super Cup, and I would say the first 3 league games he looked like a decent player.

But for probably what… The last 4 months he has been completely useless again. We need to sort sort Striker situation out. YEN is good, but still inconsistent. LdJ is a lost cause and well Carlos Fdez isn’t fancied. So if YEN doesn’t play well, we are buggered up top.

Trouble is, is Lope willing to try something different or does it have to be lumbering old unit up top? He had proven goalscoring poachers last year in Ben Yedder, Dabbur and Chicharito and he asked Monchi to sell them all, leaving us with no Plan B. :laughing:

This team with Sarabia, Ben Yedder and Banega in it would be immense.

5 Likes

Yep that was a clear penalty. I’m not sure if VAR is used in CDR, as the ref didn’t even check it, but if VAR is used then it’s a big mistake from the ref.

1 Like

Not sure about Sarabia, but WBY could fit very well in this system as he had the magic of creating chances and scoring sometimes even out of nowhere - something we’re desperate for nowadays.

4 Likes

WBY wanted to leave.

1 Like

And I want a million pounds but we can’t always get what we want. :rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth: