AFCON 2021

Go back to the 7th minute to see Malawi’s goal - what an absolute golazo. Bono on the receiving end of it, caught by surprise a bit. Plus he hasn’t played in the last group stage game and hasn’t trained with the team yesterday. No bueno!

3 Likes

lolcomment

3 Likes

Another beautiful goal, Hakimi. Class free kick.

4 Likes

No other way then to blame Brian for giving me hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolute screamer. Morocco will have to deal with the winner of Ivory Coast vs. Egypt in the next round - a tough one for them.

4 Likes

We need our players back man :joy: This is more important.

Good to see YEN find the net though. Good for his confidence. I hope he stays fit and brings that back for us.

3 Likes

YEN just missed a great chance. Munir El Haddidi is coming on now.

I’m pulling for Morocco, yes we want them back, but we also want them back focused on Sevilla, not what might have happened in Africa.

4 Likes

Can’t believe Bono got done from 40 odd yards. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad to see YEN has ditched the silly bleached hair, great FK from Hakimi though, what a strike. :comet:

4 Likes

It was a guided missile !

Some great kits on display Jim, I even like Morocco’s but the Cameroon colours always look good.

4 Likes

Morocco to face Egypt in the quarters.

Other quarters ties:

Gambia - Cameroon

Burkina Faso - Tunisia

Senegal - Winner of Mali/Equatorial Guinea

5 Likes

I haven’t seen any of it really apart from a couple of highlights. I have always liked the Cameroon Green, Red and Yellow kits though.

1 Like

Equatorial Guinea through to the quarters as they’ll face Senegal.

Mali out but they’ve had a good campaign in overall and they have a golden chance to qualify to the 2022 WC - they were drawn to Tunisia which makes it a very even tie (to be played by the end of March).

3 Likes

That Eric Bailly penalty pretty much his career I think. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just watched some of the highlights from the last few days. Definitely love that Cameroon shirt they are wearing.

:cameroon: :cameroon: :cameroon:

3 Likes

Tough game for Morocco next.

1 Like

Oh yeah Salah is always a danger but Egypt has some other solid players also. Hopefully Morocco are up for it.

1 Like

Morocco are the stronger team surely?

Cameroon v Morocco in the Final would be the best I think.

2 Likes

Hakimi has been nasty in this tournament. Also Boufal is making up for Ziyech’s absence, and is one of the other bright spots on the team. After having played in two matches, En-Nesyri got his goal and I think is warmed up enough now to be a threat.

3 Likes

Ziyech is having a blast at Chelsea lately and that could be a response to not being called up for the Morocco NT for AFCON. Halilovic’s reason was that he tricked the NT by faking an injury when they faced Ghana and Burkina Faso (friendlies) in June 2021. Ziyech’s response was that he doesn’t care… lol.

Morocco are surely missing him as he could’ve helped them a lot up front.

3 Likes

The first two semi-finalists are Cameroon and Burkina Faso. Just watched the end of the match between Burkina Faso and Tunisia, the ref blew the whistle for FT 20 seconds before the 4th added minute was over. What’s the matter with refs and their watches in this AFCON?

2 Likes

They got the same watch as De Burgos.

4 Likes