23/24 - MD8: Sevilla FC at Barcelona

So is Nyland the new favourite? This will be the first game he actually gets tested so let’s see if it is justified.

2 Likes

5 Likes

newspaper

4 Likes

Man…… I so much preferred having Sevilla as my location. Even Alaska was so much better, but Florida, I feel like I’ve lost a few points of my IQ. Lol. I never thought I would live there.

3 Likes

Barcelona’s anthem sounds like something you would hear at Disney World. Terrible haha

1 Like

I still would have liked Mir here. Burning a lot of powder here early.

1 Like

Or more of that haha

Barca are so good at controlling the ball. We are going to have to look for one off counters, which is not our strong suit.

1 Like

So many giveaways from Sow already. Rakitic made ter Stegan make a save.

1 Like

Ramos gets in the way of Lukebakio on the freekick there.

1 Like

Best opportunity there. Felix hits the underside of the bar. Neyland nowhere near that.

Pedrosa & Juanlu look shaky in defence

Our midfield are way too slow, even just in term of passing

1 Like

Different ref/var gives that pen the majority of cases to Barca.

Ocampos has to have a better shot than that and bang that in.

2 Likes

Some nice work here by the boys. Let’s get it!

1 Like

Some nice link-up play between Lukebakio and Lamela. Hopefully they will continue developing the understanding and one of those chances will bring a goal soon enough.

Ocampos with the best chance so far, but took too long and chose the wrong option in the end.

Now Raphinha is off with a hamstring injury, and another youngster is on for them which should help us here?

Need to close Cancelo down better, he has been their main creative threat, along with Yamal.

3 Likes

We are lucky their chances have not fallen to Lewandowski. Keep it up to half time!

2 Likes

I can’t complain too much about that half. We came into our own and held them. We took a few chances ourselves. The match could go either way.

3 Likes

Lukebakio and Lamela switched roles, which was a pre-game plan.
But we still need more support in the box on crosses, can’t have one attacker against four defenders there.

1 Like